Associate Manager, Licensing
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Associate Manager, Licensing - Funimation
Funimation is looking for an Associate Manager, Licensing to join our team. We are looking for a motivated individual to help grow our global licensing and merchandise business. You will be responsible for assisting Licensing Managers in driving licensing revenue, and growing market share for our brands across multiple categories.
You will help execute business goals and retail/marketing opportunities for key brands and partners across sublicensees, retailers and licensors.
The ideal candidate will be able to think both analytically and creatively, have a background in consumer products, retail and/or CPG marketing. This person will work closely with and collaborate with the Licensing product development team, as well as cross-functional groups including marketing, finance, and home entertainment. The Associate Manager will also work with licensors and licensees to align on creative design and product development. Associate Manager will report into the Licensing Manager.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Support Licensing Managers in day to day operations to maintain and grow licensing business
• Assist in maintaining revenue forecasts, monitoring partner payment compliance, and royalty report management
• Manage licensing business documents, process and records including contract administration, rights management, sublicensee lists, and product release calendars
• Assist in product development and identifying product opportunities for titles
• Communicates with licensees and licensors and act as key point of contact
• Manage asset delivery and contract administration for sublicensees
• Assist in brainstorming retail and other marketing tactics that build awareness and drive sell through at retail
• Support development of presentations including research, design, formatting, and chart/graph creation
• Research and understand competitive landscape. Analyze and understand market trends, consumer trends, retailer and industry needs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Computer Proficient: Office, especially PowerPoint, Excel; Google docs; Photoshop a plus
• Completed 4-year college degree
• 2-3 years of related experience - consumer products, licensing, retail
• Interest in anime, pop culture, retail and products
DESIRED SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
• Ability to juggle multiple projects and prioritize
• Initiative and Highly Motivated - has an entrepreneurial spirit and goal oriented
• Ability to ingest, manipulate and analyze financial data in Excel
• Highly organized with strong follow through and time management skills
• Energy Level: Positive energy level and enthusiasm for the position. Must have the willingness to learn and improve.
• Must be flexible to change, a creative thinker and problem solver, and accustomed to working in teams as well as an individual contributor
• Ability to anticipate issues, be proactive and problem solve
• Excellent and professional communication skills (spoken and written)
• Familiar with pop culture and entertainment; interest/passion for anime a plus
• Console and mobile gaming interest a plus
• Japanese speaker a plus
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios