Associate Business Analyst, Corporate IT
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/21/2021 9:52:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Associate Business Analyst, Corporate IT jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Associate Business Analyst, Corporate IT postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Associate Business Analyst, Corporate IT?
Full Time Job
Associate Business Analyst, Corporate IT (Microsoft Office365)
At Sony Pictures we are in the business of creativity … making some of the most beloved film and television of all time for every platform in the world. As the most creative and proudly independent studio, our future is boundless. Sony Pictures Entertainment is a division of Sony Corporation, a creative entertainment company built on a foundation of technology. Along with our sister companies, we make movies, television, music and games that engage billions of people, connecting creators and audiences around the globe.
The role of the Associate Business Analyst in our Corporate IT BRM team serves as an interface to the business users, with the guidance from the Project Manager and/or IT Director to assist the BRM teams in understanding the business processes, workflows, and requirements of the users. The Associate Business Analyst will liaise with stakeholders from various business units, including SPE IT and Global Sony O365 Program Management, in support of current and future application enhancements/releases. This role will be expected to perform requirements analysis and create functional design processes, various project deliverables (incl. diagrams, presentations, etc.) and ensure testing services for enhancements and projects are completed successfully.
The role will be supporting current and future applications and related projects and play an integral role in the overall Microsoft roadmap for Sony Pictures. The ideal candidate will be flexible, adaptable, and focused on delivering high value IT solutions.
• Primary liaison between IT and the business defining IT demand and delivering technology to enable and meet business strategy and support day-to-day operations.
• Build relationship as a trusted business partner with key business executives and be focal point for delivery of IT services.
• Owning approved business driven IT programs & projects and management of their respective business cases, ensuring that they deliver business value. Monitoring, and reviewing all project and program economics including costs, operational budgets, staffing requirements, resources, and risks.
• Initiating and facilitating communications between stakeholders, acting as a primary point of contact for defined groups
• Facilitating open communication and discussion between stakeholders. Captures and disseminates technical and business information.
• Leveraging the enterprise's IT organization, infrastructure and technology capabilities to deliver business results
• Managing a team of project managers & Associate Business Analysts comprised of employees and service providers to drive and own the definition of business requirements
• Managing demand for applications work and prioritizing requests for application enhancements and new development across the business portfolio supported, working with the DCIO/RCIO to manage demand
• Establishing and monitoring the service levels for demand and incident management
• Ensure that all demand from the business enters IT pipeline appropriately and reporting status on that demand back to business constituents
• Organizes, plans, assigns, and monitors completion of services and measures based on delivery and financial success.
• Establishes project timelines and ensures team resources complete projects on schedule
• Assists in the development of the budget and develops financial forecasts for internal stakeholders.
• Creates an environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolutions, cross-training, and process improvement.
Key outputs include:
• Business cases as required to support demand from the business
• Greenlight documents (Associate BA's/business cases)
• Business insights enabled through IT
• Strategic and cyclical planning and budgeting for application set resource requirements
The job's most important functions and responsibilities and percentage of time.
5 % 1. Strategic Planning - Participate in business and IT strategic planning; define IT needs of business units; help develop IT strategy and funding plans in alignment with business needs; promote innovative thinking and utilization of IT resources in the business. Understand the workings and strategy of the business as well as current market trends. Understand the strategy and direction of IT within SPE.
10 % 2. Demand Management – Represents the overall technology solution portfolio for a given business area. Oversees the quality and delivery of IT services in support of business expansion and business operations. Prioritizes requests and secures stakeholder support and funding. Accountable for defining and initiation of projects through green lighting.
50 % 3. Customer Relationship Management – Manages customer expectations; resolve customer satisfaction issues; train and educate customers on the use of technology; ensure business unit is receiving appropriate and adequate levels of IT services; offer alternate solutions to customer problems (e.g. process changes); communicate IT goals, activities and accomplishments to the business.
5 % 4. Leadership, Staff Development and Financial Management – Provide direction and coaching to the IT staff. Develop the staff to understand the business as well as the technology. Develop and manage department and project budgets.
30 % 5. Delivery Oversight – Initiates and provides oversight for application development projects that are delivered on time, within budget and containing the agreed upon functionality. Works closely & collaboratively with ADM and EIS towers to seamlessly ensure high quality IT service delivery. Supports the proper implementation of appropriate compliance, security and controls as defined by SPE policy and governance.
• Experience as a consultant or facilitator
• Solid understanding of the day-to-day execution of business processes and related IT tasks
• Knowledge of project and program management fundamentals
• Familiar with the ITIL Framework and demand processes across the IT organization
• Knowledge of enterprise IT Strategy, ITIL, IT Best Practice and Change Delivery
• Strong understanding of multiple software delivery life cycle methodologies
• Strong business domain knowledge and business acumen
• 3+ years of domain experience
• Proven history of IT management in either application support management or project management, with 3+ years of experience managing technology teams
• Proven skills in project management and project management oversight :
• Organize and lead the production of all collateral required to initiate a project (including vision document, business case/cost benefit analysis, high level requirements specifications, and other elaboration phase outputs). Assess/recommend skills and resources needed to successfully complete the project(s) and achieve the business and IT goals
• Organize the project team (people needed in the business and IT organizations, as well as third parties). Ensure all policies for on boarding new resources and vendors are followed. Create or supervise the creation of the project schedule, ensuring that it conforms to the System Development Lifecycle as appropriate.
• Maintain the project budget, project tracking and reporting requirements, and status reporting.