Assistant Manager, Social Media Analytics
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Assistant Manager, Social Media Analytics
The Assistant Manager, Media and Social Analytics will be responsible for assisting the execution and evolution of Sony Pictures Home Entertainment's data-driven marketing road map that leverages consumer insights and emerging digital technologies to drive engagement and revenue.
The role will require the support in several different data focused work-streams currently within Sony, Sony's Media/Analytics agency partners and other 3rd party operations. This includes support for greater Sony Pictures People Based Marketing (PBM) initiative, the activation and analysis on addressable platforms, the utilization and operation of Salesforce DMP, the analysis of social listening and engagement data, and other operational items that include marketing cloud consideration and media tagging solutions.
The Assistant Manager, Media and Social Analytics is a self-starter who can ambitiously lead and manage a diverse list of duties within the evolving digital landscape. Additionally, the role will provide operational support to the Media Manager and Social Analytics Director to streamline communication and strategize for the future of the business.
• People Based Marketing Strategy Support: Individual to coordinate PBM strategies between SPHE and Agencies. This requires the administration of day to day operations, the activations of high value audiences, and communication of results to the overall committee.
• Reporting: Prepare reports on campaign performance including social engagement, competitive analysis, creative findings, site analytics, and paid media.
• Social Listening Insights: Utilize social listening and comp analysis tools, web analytics, and native social platforms to surface insights relevant to current releases and trending topics for digital marketing strategies and presentations.
• DMP Support: Individual will support the ongoing usage of Salesforce DMP. Will also be tasked with educating marketing team on insights, developments and progress and work with Data & Analytics team to leverage the data captured by DMP.
• First Party Audience Support: Work closely with internal SPHE groups to leverage internal data to target first party audience segments as well as to use 1P audiences to use as seed lists. Will understand the internal data storage process to efficiently extract audiences for media activation.
• Self-Serve Media Activation: Assist with advertising buys on social platforms (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, Twitter, Snapchat, Google, etc.) in the promotional window.
• BA or BS desired.
• 2-3 years digital marketing, digital media agency or media entertainment experience.
• Fiscal Responsibility: Participates or advises management.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Required:
• The digital media/marketing landscape – with a focus on addressable platforms
• Big data and advertising technology, including 3rd party ad-serving and tag management solutions, data management platforms, and audience buying platforms
• Digital Reporting Tools including ComScore, Datorama, Tableau, DoubleClick, NetRatings Suite, Facebook Insights, Google/YouTube Analytics, Adobe Omniture
• Professional experience in managing and building audience and data products for media execution, Salesforce Krux preferred
• Experience leveraging social listening tools (preferably Crimson Hexagon)
• Well versed across native social insights and reporting including Facebook Audience Insights, Facebook Ads Manager, Instagram Insights, Twitter Advertising and Insights, Snap Ads, YouTube Analytics, etc
• Experience running paid social campaigns on Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Snap, AdWords, Reddit, etc.
• Organization and Project Management
• Strong presentation and communication skills
• Implementation of MarTech / AdTech platforms (DMP, LiveRamp, etc)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Google Docs
• Analytics and problem-solving; proactive in surfacing strategic insights and recommendations without being asked
• Manage multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines in a very fast-paced ever-changing environment
• Think creatively to support projects and initiatives with little direction
• Analyze and apply large amounts of data to improve results
• Work collaboratively in a team environment
• Articulate complex tech-related issues and educating ranges of audiences
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Akio Morita Building
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (SPHE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. For additional information, go to our website.