Assistant Manager, Brand Strategy Marketing
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/14/2021 12:53:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Assistant Manager, Brand Strategy Marketing jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Assistant Manager, Brand Strategy Marketing postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Assistant Manager, Brand Strategy Marketing?
Full Time Job
Assistant Manager, Brand Strategy Marketing
Based in Culver City, the Assistant Manager will be responsible for the marketing support of SPT US Distribution lines of business, providing critical support for the US Distribution Sales teams.
The Assistant Manager will be responsible for the development and execution of large-scale projects on assigned titles such as drafting strategic marketing plans, creating consumer/trade marketing campaigns, creating B2B sales materials, negotiating co-op with local broadcast stations, and driving sales strategy for key titles alongside Research, Data, and Social teams.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, proactive, detail-oriented, highly organized and able to work well with various personalities in a high-paced, ever-changing environment. He/she is a strategic thinker, will have significant experience in project management and problem solving, and well-versed in the nuances of both B2B and B2C marketing initiatives.
The essential duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Manage cross-functional communications by staying highly aligned with multiple teams, including: Creative Content (on-air and off-air), Franchise Marketing, Publicity, Legal, Sales, Research and International
• On assigned titles, spearhead the creation of B2B sales collateral (product sell sheets, brochures, e-blast communications, show-specific sales decks, reels), manage post-sale asset delivery and series launch support, and client management
• With guidance from VP, shepard pitches with Research, Data Insights, and Creative Content teams for new and existing IP to deliver best in class presentations and reels
• Work in tandem with sales point person to ensure the department's marketing needs are met (including, but not limited to client needs, acquisitions, etc.)
• Work alongside VP to concept, create, and execute high-impact and buzz-worthy media campaigns – OOH, transit, on-air, digital, print, and on-site stunt activations for assigned off-net titles
• Drive marketing strategy and creative briefs for all assigned shows.
• Manage internal and external agencies in the development of creative marketing campaigns, (consumer and B2B), media planning and high-impact promotions (e.g. guerilla/viral marketing, etc.).
• Collaborate with internal teams (creative, production, development, research, legal, business affairs, PR, sales) as well as outside creative and media agencies
• Manage station co-op requests
• Manage and maintain assigned show budgets
• Build and manage relationships with vendors, including creative and promotional agencies
• Establish strong, collaborative, cross-functional relationships within SPT (publicity, legal, finance, etc.)
• With direction from VP, manage collateral creation needs for high-level events including Promax Station Summit and NATPE
• Strong creative judgment and familiarity developing advertising creative in all forms of media. Ability to think both creatively and strategically.
• Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills
• Candidate must demonstrate creative thinking and be a proven team player with the desire to learn and grow in the department
• Motivated and detail-oriented self-started
• Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team?
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, problem solve, multi-task, and prioritize project workflow
• Lead projects from beginning to end
• Entertainment and/or television background preferred
• Ability to communicate ideas and creative changes effectively to vendors, by phone or email
• The ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously, perform under pressure and pay close attention to detail while staying focused on the big picture.
• Current and competitive syndication series and general television branding
• Creative process: Asset creation, use of multi-media strategies and long-term planning
• Knowledge of the digital media space and emerging technology (e.g. social media, mobile platforms, AVOD, SVOD)
• Strong working relationships within the advertising and media industry, a plus
• Ability to create and present dynamic presentations
• Ability to take initiative and independently manage projects
• Possesses high standards of professionalism and leadership
• Must be able to pivot from one project to the next on a moment's notice
• 3-5 years of television Marketing experience
• 3+ years of experience in the entertainment industry
• BA in Marketing or related field
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios