Analyst / Senior Analyst, Research
Sony PicturesTaikoo Shing, HK
Full Time Job
Analyst / Senior Analyst, Research
Sony Pictures Television's (SPT) Research department is a global team with staff in the US, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. The team is responsible for supporting SPT's channels, content sales and international production businesses, with market and audience based quantitative and qualitative research, across all international territories for all television platforms.
This position will play a key role in providing strategic analysis to Sony's businesses in Asia Pacific, highlighting the growing importance of data driven insights within the organization. Based in Hong Kong, the role will be important in connecting the business to insights from APAC markets, with some global exposure as well. Collaborating with other functions within SPT will be a big part of the role to ensure research is used effectively in driving decision making and external pitching.
The role will be working across projects across key APAC markets, involving consumer behavior, landscape trends, linear and digital direct-to-consumer brands, transactional and subscription models, in-region content productions and content licensing agreements.
• Deliver programme analysis based on ratings and other audience metrics.
• Produce written and visual summaries to highlight key research findings and messages.
• Lead the usage of social listening tools to generate insights.
• Use combinations of third party and primary research data points to design, produce and present sales materials in support of Sony's content licensing activities.
• Work alongside Research colleagues in the pursuit of SPT's Networks objectives, with focus on programming and adsales research.
• Leverage SPT Research's tools and third-party data to identify consumer, program and market trend, and effectively communicate to the business teams.
• Collaborate with Commercial teams and Research colleagues to understand and utilize over-arching consumer trends to drive physical and digital retail sales for SPT.
• Effectively use research to aid activities relating to SPT's production businesses.
• Own delivery of core research projects utilizing primary and third-party data sources, including (but not limited to) TV ratings.
• Work on customized research projects: project design and management, interpretation of the finding and effective communication of the results.
• Work closely with key internal stakeholders and manage relationships with external vendors.
• Possess an Honors degree or equivalent
• 3-5+ years' experience in a similar role or within the relevant media industry is preferred
• Proven ability to provide insight using research findings and to communicate project results in a clear and concise manner to all levels of the organization
• Analytical, detail-oriented with the ability to handle priorities and deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to use initiative and creatively solve problems
• Comfortable working independently
• Proven track record of being a team player
• Knowledge of the media space in the Asia Pacific region preferred
• Passion for the film and television industry, particularly Hollywood movies and U.S. TV series
• Knowledge of Asian (Japanese, Korean, Chinese, etc.) content industry would be beneficial
• Language skills: English essential, other Asian languages would be beneficial but not a requirement
• Advanced MS PowerPoint and Excel skills with the demonstrated ability to use complex formulas and pivot tables
• Experience in using social listening tool is highly preferred
• Competency using, or interest in, data visualization tools (specifically Tableau) and working with big data sets to derive business insights is preferred
• Willingness to work extended hours when needed.
Interested candidates are invited to send your detailed CV, current and expected salary, and notice period
Applications will be treated in strict confidence and information will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures and to ensuring that no worker or potential worker will receive less favourable treatment due to any characteristic protected under applicable local laws.
HKG - Taikoo Shing - SPTI