Analyst, Sales Planning
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Analyst, Sales Planning
This position is part of the Sales Planning Department within the Home Entertainment Division. Sales Planning provides domestic US sales forecasting and budgeting, analytical insights and business strategies to both internal departments and external sales personnel related to the sell-through and rental of theatrical, direct-to-video and theatrical product via physical DVD, Blu-ray, and UHD/4K product across a broad account base (physical retail, rental, online). The department is also instrumental in providing strategic analyses, reporting, and modeling related to account performance, product placement, and cost/benefit decisions in partnering with accounts as well as addressing other business-related needs.
Sales Planning works closely with senior management and most functional departments including Sales, Marketing, Finance, IT, Reporting, Business Affairs, Data & Analytics, Consumer Insights, Production and Retail Operations.
Commercial Support 50%
• Assortment Planning and P&L: Conduct account-level assortment and planogram management based upon customer demographics, trends and store location to help drive store level sales volumes and profitability. Other responsibilities include in-store fixture/on-site placement and product analyses and optimization. Profit and loss (P&L) reporting is analyzed to assess account and/or line of business profitability against forecast and budget. Recommendations based upon analyses are provided to the sales and upper management.
• Promotion Management: Partner with the sales force in management of promotional forecasting, title selection, pro-forma profitability, trade spend, drafting opportunities, and other pre- and post-promotion analytical insights and recommendations.
• Sales Support: Work collaboratively with internal and field sales personnel by facilitating strategic discussions focused on promotional concepts, price elasticity, title moratorium and other product related ad-hoc requests (including recurring participation in meetings and discussions to help drive the business).
Business Planning 40%
• Business Plan Management: Provide account-level and consolidated revenue and gross profit budgeting and forecasting. Compose promotional plan and forecasting with post-performance assessment against sales baselines to evaluate promotional effectiveness and profitability and trend analyses.
• Title Management: Provide insights and recommendations of product placement, SKU management, pricing/repricing strategies, and goal forecasting. Provide drafting opportunities tied with new release street dates both theatrically and in-home entertainment window.
• Account Management and Performance Evaluation: Utilize account-level analytics to include long range planning, recurring business reviews, analysis of space deals, seasonality trends with a comparison to the industry and other deep-dive analyses and reporting.
Reporting & Tracking 10%
• Develop, manage, and analyze account-level reports and trackers to provide key account-level insights and recommendations to key business priorities
Education & Work Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Finance, Economics, Statistics or relevant field is strongly preferred
• A minimum of 1-3 year relevant experience is required. Experience within the entertainment/consumer packaged goods industry collaborating with both internal and external sales and management teams is strongly preferred
• Prior work experience within a fast-paced sales environment is required
• Experience working with buying teams from major retailers (physical or digital) strongly preferred
• Experience with retail landscape, Entertainment and/or Consumer Packaged Goods industry, market factors and strategies strongly preferred
Technical and Analytical Skills
• Strong capability with Microsoft Office applications (particularly Excel) is required
• Strong skills in analytical data systems used to pull and analyze sales data including, but not limited to, Business Objects, Tableau, Alteryx, Micro Strategy and account specific vendor data portals
• Analyzing and summarizing large data sets into an effective summary to facilitate decision making and strategic planning
• P&L management
Communication and Time Management Skill
• Adaptability, flexibility and ability to learn new systems/databases
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal) with varying levels of management and with external customers
• Coordination and collaboration with internal departments as well as the ability to work independently
• Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios