Analyst, Sales Planning & Operations, TV Distribution
Sony PicturesLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Analyst, Sales Planning & Operations, TV Distribution
Our London office currently has a new opportunity for an Analyst to join their Sales Planning and Operations team in TV Distribution.
This role will cover three key areas: Deal Management & Administration, Forecasting & Planning and Title Inventory Management. It will work across all linear Media and SVOD with a focus in the Central & Eastern European Region, supporting the Sales team based in the Budapest and Bucharest offices and will need to ensure regular communications and provide expertise on the clients, deals, sales history, current forecasts.
To be considered for this role you will have a background in TV Distribution with a strong interest in and existing knowledge of the broadcast landscape in the Region.
You will also be able to demonstrate strong administration and IT skills, as well as excellent communication and team skills, a deep and broad understanding of the studio business models on product, media, market and client knowledge to support the sales process.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Deal Management & Administration
• Set up and maintain deals in Sales & Rights Management systems (RPM & S2F) and create Release Packages and Materials Orders as required for deal management.
• Manage contractual obligations and ensure all deadlines are met as detailed in the contracts
• Track the workflow of contract, amendment, notification processes for every deal, client schedules, availability lists and ad hoc reports
• Ensure appropriate filing of final documents for the above
• Ensure all Sales Planning Procedures are upheld by seeking appropriate reviews, S2F approvals and sign offs at all times
• Client Support: Liaise with clients on queries relating to deals e.g. billing discrepancies, servicing issues, US Network scheduling changes.
• Client Support: Develop an excellent working relationship with clients and attend external meetings as required to support Sales process
• Internal Relationships:
• Liaison with Finance to ensure timely payment and reconcile payment issues. Support Home Office with audits by preparing required back-up materials for each deal
• Liaising frequently with CMDG (Materials Fulfilment team) to ensure materials are delivered on time for new and existing deals
• Liaison with LA Home Office/Global Deals Management team to maintain accuracy in Deal Management & Forecast Planning on key products in the CEE Region
Forecasting & Planning
• Maintain annual forecast, process changes in a timely manner and keep Manager CEE and Exec Director Sales Planning and Sales Teams informed of updates regularly
• Responsible for co-ordinating and entering mid-range plan information for relevant territories & media
• Create and provide summaries and updates, to Sales & Finance within prescribed deadlines
• Attend and contribute to regular forecast review meetings with Territory Sales, Planning and Finance
• Provide Avails by utilizing Sales Presentation tools to innovate commercial solutions
Title Inventory Management
• Run Avails reports and identify appropriate titles that meet client and sales criteria in order to provide clients/sales with product to maximise the sales potential
• Window Management - Maximise window opportunities for all product, including Franchise titles for CEE territories, including for Global deals
• Maximize Sales opportunities by using internal Tableau Dashboard tools
and Competencies Required:
• Educated to minimum undergraduate degree level
• Typically a minimum of 2 years' experience in TV Distribution or a similar environment (Media) and ideally experienced on the CEE region
• Strong IT skills, in particular Excel (Pivot Tables & Formulae), PowerPoint and comfortable in learning new systems
• Fluency in English is essential
• Highly numerate with excellent attention to all details – accuracy, presentation and completeness
• Excellent communication skills: Clear and articulate when speaking with an individual or before a group; confident in voicing their opinion, express ideas, thoughts and concepts and influencing within the Sales and Sales Planning group
• Able to provide information and reports in appropriate format and on a timely basis to key stakeholders
• Proactive, flexible and adaptable – anticipate needs in different situations and takes appropriate action with guidance and on own initiative
• Team player who is willing and able to assist colleagues during busy periods. Demonstrate an effort to reach out, work with and collaborate with resources outside their territory and region
• Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to their race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London