Analyst, Data Operations
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Analyst, Data Operations
The Data Analyst key areas of responsibilities is to interpret data, analyze results and provide insights to determine operational impact, trends and opportunities. The Data Analyst will develop new reports and analyses, along with insights and deliverables, to better support business performance. Additionally, they will capture, develop and document data definitions, business rules, and data quality requirements and ensure operational excellence by performing data quality audits and analysis.
• Validating, prepping data and solutioning with external partners of all manufacturing and distribution transactions including Sales Orders, Shipments, Proof and Delivery, POS and all cardex transactions and ensure data transmissions are not causing data errors. Validating data transmissions across multiple systems are accurate and provide timely solutions for error issues.
• Review manufacturing and distribution transaction exceptions and provide timely solutions for metrics outside of SLA for immediate root cause assessment and troubleshoot reporting exemptions.
• Monitoring of retailer-generated operational chargebacks for immediate root cause assessment and communicate resolution in an effective and timely manner.
• Develop in-depth understanding of the manufacturing and distribution transaction processes and document as part of department process flows and account profiles and continue to be the main business process owner for these transaction.
• Part of a team, but the daily point of contact of manufacturing and distribution transaction testing for process and system implementations.
Vendor Quality Management
• Validate data integrity and ensure consistency of data flows across multiple internal and vendor systems (EDI and other business feeds) and communicate to various external parties to resolve data issue.
• Monitoring KPI's and evaluating performance and service levels
• Generate/publish reports
• Review for exceptions outside of SLA
• Further research/follow up on exceptions as needed and escalate to correct teams to help resolve.
Ad Hoc Tasks, Reporting & Analysis
• Prepare summaries for management, operations, and any external stakeholder presentations
• Participate in presentations to operations, vendors and any external stakeholders as required.
• Supports testing for process and system implementations for current and future enhancements.
• Supports departmental business plans as outlined by management.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Statistics or Supply Chain
• 2-3 years of experience in Administration of Supply Chain or equivalent experience
• Possess exceptional interpersonal capabilities and excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Understands the business issues and data challenges of the organization and industry
• Must be well-organized, detail-oriented, problem solver, energetic, independent and responsive to feedback
• Strong follow-up and issue resolution with internal teams and external vendors
• Strong cross-functional collaborator and ability to present/communicate information and/or solutions in a proactive and timely manner
• Ability to thrive, multi-task, and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios