Analyst, Business Intelligence, Crackle Plus
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Analyst, Business Intelligence, Crackle Plus
The Analyst, Business Intelligence will specifically focus on driving analysis for Crackle Plus and associated Marketing efforts. The role will help develop and grow Crackle Plus AVOD businesses across connected TV, mobile/tablet, and online platforms. This individual will collaborate with the internal business intelligence team and external vendors, and manage the analytics and related functions for consumer marketing and monetization.
This role will support monetization efforts plus content intersections with Marketing. The role will analyze and help manage the lifetime value model, customer acquisition model, reach/frequency calculations. The BI analyst will generate recurring ad hoc reports, and help drive consumer insights at the portfolio and paid campaign level. Additionally, the Analyst will identify and recommend new reporting, manage and track KPIs, and determine vendor solutions that increase efficiency for the overall marketing organization (reduce costs of spend, increase incremental customers).
The position requires an analytical thinker who will take a quantitative approach to solving complex business challenges created by nascent OTT / video market. The position requires a passion for marketing and/or the advertising industry and the inherent complexity of measuring unique users, monthly active users, daily active users, time spent, returning consumption, and related signals. As such, this individual must be able to extract guidelines for the business through sound research, data, modeling, and seek out ways to automate step functions. The ability to calmly and effectively juggle multiple projects at any given time is essential for success. This role will collaborate with cross functional teams in business development and partner marketing. This role may also liase with external parties to measure efficacy of marketing campaign, paid marketing efforts and/or app install efforts.
ABOUT CRACKLE PLUS
Crackle Plus is a video-on-demand (VOD) joint venture formed by Sony Pictures Television and Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment, Inc. (Nasdaq: CSSE). The company's consumer facing ad-supported VOD (AVOD) channels include Crackle (US and Canada), Popcornflix, Popcornflix Kids, Truli, Popcornflix Comedy, Frightpix, and Espanolflix. Its content library includes over 38,000 hours of programming. It also represents partners PlayStation Vue and Funimation to advertisers, positioning it as one of the largest AVOD offerings in the U.S. This role is for employment with Crackle Plus, subject to the employment terms of Crackle Plus, not Sony Pictures.
• Manage day-to-day analytics and provide insights to grow unique users on Crackle Plus properties
• Track and analyze historical KPIs for creating forward-looking models and forecasts
• Generate weekly reports to monitor marketing spend and customer acquisition
• Work with BI team to review efficacy of paid marketing, SEM, SEO
• Manage monthly tracking reports, publish KPIs for management review
• Update Reporting Master with capacity generated by new daily and monthly active uniques
• Escalate marketing technology headwinds and use of shared stack
• Complete ad hoc analysis as needed
• Structure data from third party sources:FreeWheel, Nielsen, comScore, Adobe Omniture
• Help advise / build marketing tech stack: utilizing Snowflake, Alteryx and Tableau for data visualization
• Nice to have: knowledge of Salesforce, STAQ and other CRM, measurement SAAS solutions.
• B.S. in Statistics, Math, Economics, Accounting, Finance or other relevant discipline
• Digital advertising experience or related fields (exposure to data science and predictive modelling)
• Deep understanding and ability to visualize structured/unstructured data
• Use of Excel, Access, Tableau, and Alteryx.
• Ability to manage workflow with collaboration tools including Jira, Confluence and Slack.
• Nice to have: experience with SQL, ETL process, knowledge of Python or R, data architecture
• Ability to access, manipulate, analyze, trend and interpret data
• Understanding of forecasting methodologies, and database orientation
• Desire to learn and build ''out of the box'' and sophisticated data, analytic and reporting toolsets, as proactive and reactive solutions to business problems
• Awareness of industry monetization and competitive trends in video and digital sales industries
• Detail oriented and able to operate calmly and smoothly with rigor and discipline
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios