Sony PicturesDallas, TX
Full Time Job
ADR Writer - Funimation
Funimation is looking for ADR (Automated Dialogue Replacement) scriptwriters for full time writing positions. The candidates must have at least 5 years of experience in the anime dubbing industry, some ADR scriptwriting experience, and a firm grasp on the transition from translation to dub. This is a deadline-driven role and will involve a quick transition from training to independent implementation.
The position deals with properties that have not yet been released to the public, and will therefore require discretion with sensitive information and materials.
• Research assigned properties
• Additional research using online tools and social media throughout the process.
• Transform provided English translations of Japanese scripts into adapted spoken-word English scripts; matching animated mouth-flaps, as well as maintaining creative standards as set by the company.
• Provide episode line count
• Meet weekly deadlines
• Work with ADR voice directors on each episode, providing adjustments as needed, and making workflow or creative changes as requested for future episodes.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years in the anime dubbing industry
• 1+ years script adaptation experience a plus
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
• General understanding of anime dubbing
• Excellent writing skills; both technical and creative use of language a must.
• Ability to work with others creatively, hear and adjust to different viewpoints.
• Experience working under tight deadlines
• An open mind to the flexibility of the dubbing process as we try new approaches to best provide our fans with the dubs they love.
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, English, creative writing, or Radio/TV/film is beneficial
• There may be a preliminary trial script to ensure the best fit possible with our dubbing standards.
Funimation offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, 401(k) with a generous company match, ongoing employee development.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Dallas - Funimation