Adr Voice Director
Sony PicturesUsa - Dallas - Funimation, TX
Full Time Job
ADR Voice Director - Funimation
The ADR (Automated Dialogue Replacement) Voice Director oversees the process and execution of two assigned Simuldub projects in the studios while simultaneously finalizing previous projects for home video. The ADR Voice Director works with the Producers and Talent Coordinator on casting, auditioning and selecting the talent for each episode. They oversee the creative performance direction of the selected talent in both technical and emotional elements both in-studio and remotely when necessary. This position may oversee Assistant ADR Voice Directors as needed.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Research given property/project in order to determine voice talent and gain understanding of the characters
• Cast talent via auditions and matching voice to the vision of the characters
• Coordinate with the Talent Coordinator on booth assignments and compiling lists of voice talent
• Directing voice talent's performance in both technical (flaps) and emotional (reads) elements
• Read and understand ADR scripts and adapt to each voice session and actor
• Communicate with the ADR writers about project needs and rewrite lines/scripts during sessions as necessary
• Communicate regularly with ADR staff and producers regarding their status in meeting assigned deadlines and goals
• Reviews episodes prior to mix and makes necessary adjustments within assigned time-frame
• Reviews final mix within the assigned time-frame
• Oversees the Assistant ADR Directors and communicates deadlines, goals and the creative elements of the assigned episodes
• Review the content of the Assistant ADR Director
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to provide clear direction to actors, engineers, and Assistant Directors
• Effective written and verbal communication is essential
• Prior voice directing experience is required; 3-5 years of voice directing experience is preferred
• Knowledge of audio post-production process and sound engineering are highly beneficial
• Able to excel in a fast-paced environment
• Must be deadline driven and able to adhere to production schedules and time-lines
• Must be able to provide the creative vision as it pertains to voice talent and the characters while maintaining the original intent of the source material
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and G-Suite programs; Word, Excel, Google Docs, and Google Sheets are used daily
• High School and/or GED are required. Post High School education in film or entertainment is beneficial.
Funimation offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, 401(k) with a generous company match, ongoing employee development.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Dallas - Funimation