Sony PicturesMiami, FL
This was removed by the employer on 9/27/2023 3:51:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Sales Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Administrative Assistant jobs in Miami-FL
Search all Administrative Assistant postings
Full Time Job
This position will be responsible for managing all administrative functions for the Miami office of Sony Pictures Television's Senior Vice President and Managing Director of Production for Latin America and US Hispanic, [whose duties include the management of SPT's regional production office for Latin America and US Hispanic market, including the oversight of the Miami office and of SPT's Production offices: Sony/Teleset (in Colombia & Mexico).
The individual in this role will support the SVP and Managing Director of LatAm Production, the VP of Original Content, the VP of Business Affairs and the VP of Production, while acting as an important liaison between Production and other departments within the company.
1. Scheduling (25%): Effectively maintain the executives' daily calendars (Outlook) including coordination of internal and external stakeholders, domestic and international meetings, screenings, conference calls, video conferences, including off-site meetings such as breakfasts, lunches and dinners, scheduling of executives' offsite annual events (e.g. NATPE, NY Upfronts, LA Screenings, MIPCOM, etc.). Be pro-active with executives to maximize time management and always be one step ahead.
2. Travel Arrangements (20%): Arrange domestic and international travel, including booking and confirming flights, research of visa requirements, lodging and ground transportation with Sony travel agents and submitting Travel Authorization requests via Ariba program. Consistent follow up to avoid changes in cost. Cost effective research. Prior to executives' departure, prepare business information packets including itinerary, meeting agenda (includes confirmation of all meeting locations, times and participants with contact information to ensure successful and productive trips), travel documents, presentations, relevant agreements and financial binders as needed.
3. Expense Reports (10%): Creating and tracking corporate expense reports on a monthly basis in Sony's Concur Solutions database system to ensure swift monetary reimbursement and insuring that all corporate expense reports comply with company's T&E policy prior to submission. Collection of receipts from Executives required at the end of each month or upon return from a business trip.
4. Telephone Calls (10%): Answer phones for the executives in a timely manner, taking messages and informing executive at first opportunity.
5. Approvals (5%): Tracking approval requests for the executives to ensure that travel, payments and corporate expenses are approved in a timely manner.
6. Filing (5%): Instituting and maintaining filing system as needed, keep paper and digital files organized and updated.
7. Translations/PowerPoint Presentations (5%): Translations from English/Spanish-Spanish/English of emails, memos, letters and special projects as requested. Preparation of Power Point Presentation for special meetings and other kind of presentations. (prezi)
8. Routine (5%): Daily coffee/water/tea and lunch runs throughout the day for the executives. No travel/car time is required; all runs are close walking distance within the office or the office building.
9. Other responsibilities (15%) :
Supplies: Order non-electronic department supplies via Ariba as needed.
Visiting Executives, Consultants and Clients: Provide administrative support upon request to visiting high-level domestic or international executives: schedule meetings, conference room reservations, arrange transportation, copy/scan/print documents, and update travel arrangements as needed. Greet Consultants and clients, offer coffee/water and provide parking validations.
Staff Attendance & Business Travel Log: Document staff vacation or business travel time out of the office on the executives' calendars as a reminder.
Special Events: Assist with special events as needed for team building, client meetings, presentations, gifts, etc. Coordinate catering upon request.
IT Needs: Work with IT support to ensure that the executive's computer, desk phones and business mobile phone equipment are working effectively upon request. Request computer needs, equipment, programs and loaners as needed.
Inter-company Communication: Liaise with assistants to executives of other Sony divisions and with executive assistants. Maintain friendly open lines of communication to address common issues..
• Strong verbal and written communication - Full fluency in spoken and written Spanish and English is a must.
• Resourceful individual with impeccable attention to detail and organizational/project management skills.
• Skill in proactively manage time to meet deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal skills, as well as good diplomacy.
• Able to handle highly confidential/sensitive information effectively.
• The ideal candidate for this position is a professional, detail-oriented assistant, with strong organizational and communication skills, who enjoys managing the administrative needs of busy executives, in a fast-paced television production office.
• This role requires the ability to have consistent follow up, to be able to switch gears smoothly from one project to another, as well as think quickly on their feet.
• The individual should have strong interpersonal skills and be able to work well both independently as well as in a team environment.
• The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of office management software applications (Microsoft Office) and have the ability to master new software applications to support the position. (i.e. Ariba, Concur Expense Systems, SharePoint, mySPE, TAAS, Travel requisition/Authorization System, SAP.)
• 5+ years of experience supporting senior executives, preferably in the entertainment industry.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Miami - Teleuno (SPTI) - FL01