Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/30/2021 12:53:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Administrative Assistant jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Administrative Assistant postings
Full Time Job
Administrative Assistant IV, Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions
Reporting to the Head of Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions' Stage 6 Films as well as the VP, Creative Development, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing a full range of administrative support for the executives as well as providing creative support to the acquisitions and production team in tracking, preparing for film festivals/markets, organizing internal pitches, and reviewing scripts or films.
This position requires in person attendance on the Sony Pictures Lot in Culver City, CA. It is not remote work.
• Provide complete administrative support including phones, email correspondences, heavy scheduling, travel, and expenses for the executives.
• Liaise all acquisitions screenings including scheduling, working with film delivery supervisors, screening links, screening rooms, and organizing attendees.
• Maintain the internal Filemaker database for all submissions, potential acquisitions, scripts, promos (footage) and tracking films in development, production, and post.
• Participate in screening films and reviewing scripts in and out of festival periods, providing constructive feedback on project potential. Assistant is responsible for presenting a thorough and clear recommendation for consideration.
• Create PowerPoint presentations for internal meetings and pitches.
• Study the trades and stay up to date on current events and trends in the industry.
• Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to apply research and prioritize projects and administrative tasks
• Ability to evaluate films for quality and commercial viability, and to articulate their potential to the rest of the team
• Self-starter with the ability to work on several projects simultaneously with excellent attention to detail
• Candidates must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited University
• 1.5+ years of industry work experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Filemaker and both Mac and PC operating systems
• Historical knowledge and love of film is strongly desired
• Ability to understand the current film distribution landscape and competitive marketplace
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios