Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Administrative Assistant II
Sony Pictures Animation has produced a variety of award winning animated features for audiences around the world since 2002, including such movie franchises as Hotel Transylvania, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.
Sony Pictures Animation's marketing department handles internal communications, studio events, external branding for the studio, and oversees asset delivery to all of Sony's marketing units and partners. In addition, we are responsible for the long lead campaigns on all projects in addition to closely working with other Sony divisions through the various stages of release from theatrical to home entertainment, awards, and ongoing franchise efforts.
The Administrative Assistant II provides full range of administrative support for the Senior Vice President, SPA Marketing, including handling phones, calendaring, filing, meeting coordination and travel arrangements.
• Provides administrative support, including:
• Cover phone in a professional manner, keeping proper call logs and checking voicemail in a timely manner
• Manage calendars, including scheduling meetings and screenings
• Book travel
• Prepare and process expense reports
• Order office supplies
• Process and Track Invoices
• Maintain shared drive and online archives (Ci) organized by renaming, resizing and saving all files in the proper folders
• Support with all marketing events, including booking rooms, theaters, and/or venues, and creation of event schedules
• Create Keynote and/or PowerPoint presentations, Excel charts and Word documents to support marketing functions
• Compile agendas for department meetings; take notes and distribute recap afterward
• Project manage ongoing marketing projects, tracking responsibilities and deadlines
• Assist in brainstorming for various marketing projects
• Assist with distribution of marketing materials for approval, including scripts, stills, and talent gifts
• Bachelor's degree required
• Minimum of 1 year of experience working in Marketing or related field (internships included); Entertainment industry experience a plus
• Excellent written & oral communication skills – must have a professional and courteous demeanor when fielding calls & corresponding via email with senior executives, talent, filmmakers, and departments within the organization
• Strong computer skills, including knowledge of both PC and Mac operating systems, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook), familiarity with the Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.), Keynote, and Google applications
• Must be detail-oriented, with exceptional organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize, ensuring all assignments are completed in an accurate and timely manner
• Must be flexible – an ability to work well in an environment where needs and priorities are constantly shifting
• Must be a self-starter with a team-player attitude
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios