Sony PicturesMiami, FL
Full Time Job
This position will provide support to 3 top level executives in our Miami division of Sony Pictures Television. The primary responsibilities are to manage calendars, coordinate travel arrangements, process expense reports, and answer the phones. Additional responsibilities include routing incoming and outgoing mail, faxes, copies, filing. Also, work on special projects as needed. The Administrative Assistant must be proactive and willing to take on various responsibilities required to keep the operations of the department running effectively and efficiently. Good computer skills, excellent written and verbal communications, a strong work ethic and great time management skills are critical for success in this role. A successful Administrative Assistant has a critical role in making sure that the team operates effectively, and strong communications are maintained whether Supervisors are in or out of the office.
Travel Arrangements (35%): Arrange domestic and international travel, including booking and confirming flights, research of visa requirements, lodging and ground transportation with Company travel agents and submitting Travel Authorization requests via Ariba program. Consistent follow up to avoid changes in cost. Cost effective research. Prior to executives' departure, prepare business information packets including itinerary, meeting agenda (includes confirmation of all meeting locations, times and participants with contact information to ensure successful and productive trips), travel documents, presentations, relevant agreements and financial binders as needed. Calendars (30%): Maintain Supervisors' respective, complex calendars, staying on top of all changes. Expense Reports (10%): Creating and tracking corporate expense reports on a monthly basis in Concur Solutions database system to ensure swift monetary reimbursement and insuring that all corporate expense reports comply with company's T&E policy prior to submission. Collection of receipts from Executives required at the end of each month or upon return from a business trip. (5%): Tracking approval requests for the executives to ensure that travel, payments and corporate expenses are approved in a timely manner. Conference, Video Calls /Meetings (5%): Coordinate conference/video calls with all levels of executives, send calendar invites to attendees with call-in or videoconference details and insure that all attendees receive an agenda prior to meeting as needed. Reservation of meeting and videoconference rooms required and liaison with IT needed for videoconferencing or laptop loaner needs. Translations/PowerPoint Presentations (5%): Translations from English/Spanish-Spanish/English of emails, memos, letters and special projects as requested. Preparation of Power Point Presentation for special meetings and other kind of presentations. Special Events & Other (2.5%): Assist through annual special events, conventions, budget meetings, MRP meetings, annual Team Building, with things such as: meetings, movie screenings, ideas, gifts, etc. Work on multiple projects at the same time. Assist visiting executives as needed. Working on special projects and presentations. (2.5%): Order non-electronic department supplies via Ariba as needed. IT Needs (2.5%) Work with IT support to ensure that the executive's computer, desk phones and business mobile phone equipment are working effectively upon request. Request computer needs, equipment, programs and loaners as needed. Inter-company Communication (2.5%): Liaise with assistants to executives of other divisions. Maintain friendly open line of communication to address common issues pertaining to Conventions, offsite meetings, etc.
• Excellent Word Processing and Computer Skills with High Level of Knowledge and Comfort. The role requires daily use of Microsoft Office programs-MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, as well as, a comfort using other database applications. The Administrative Assistant will be required to do extensive word processing and editing of documents. In addition, in this role he/she will need to have a general use of the internet as a source of reference data and information.
• A Team Player and Self-Motivated. The Administrative Assistant is a critical member of the team and needs to have a positive attitude about being a contributing member of the team and supporting a positive environment for his/her colleagues. Also, the Administrative Assistant needs to have a high degree of self-motivation to seek out answers to questions.
• Highly Organized and Detail-Oriented. The Administrative Assistant is expected to be highly organized with a high degree of attention to details. The Administrative Assistant is often sought to provide confirmation of key activities and input on reasons that may have impacted final activities; especially but not limited to travel, expense and creative transmissions. In his/her role, the Administrative Assistant interfaces significantly with finance department and needs to maintain accurate information and details regarding, but not limited to, expenses and office purchases.
• Strong Interpersonal Skills. In order to effectively communicate with both internal and external audiences, the Administrative Assistant has to have strong interpersonal and communication skills. Because of the level of interaction with others, the Administrative Assistant is a regular representative of the Legal department and needs to present and reflect the values of the organization. The ability to clearly articulate his/her work status is fundamental to success.
• Performance Under Pressure. The Administrative Assistant on a regular basis will deal with many individuals often under time constraints and pressures. Given this likely scenario, the
assistant should be an easy-going individual who can work well under pressure and with individuals of varying personalities.
The candidate must have the following credentials:
• Track record of success and recognition in effectively carrying out administrative function.
• Juggle multiple tasks, prioritize workload independently, and work autonomously within scope of job responsibilities.
• Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build effective relationships.
• Ability to work effectively in team environment.
• Ability to multitask and effectively function in an ever-changing business environment.
• Self-motivated individual who knows where to go to find answers to questions.
• Strong verbal and written skills to effectively handle business correspondence and communications.
• Represent Sony Pictures Entertainment in a professional manner to internal and external contacts.
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) with high proficiency in both oral and written is preferred. Preference for professional ability to translate communications and/or documents (English to Spanish as well Spanish to English).
• Impeccable attention to detail and organizational/project management skills.
• The ideal candidate will be have a strong working knowledge of office management software applications (Microsoft Office) and have the ability to master new software applications to support the position. (i.e. Ariba, Concur Expense Systems, SharePoint, Travel requisition/Authorization System, SAP.)
Experience: 3 years of administrative experience, preferably within a Fortune 500 company, 1 year of experience within the entertainment industry is desired but not required
Associate's Degree or equivalent experience required.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Miami - Teleuno (SPTI) - FL01