Sony PicturesMiami, FL
Full Time Job
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America (SCA), a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; digital content creation and distribution; worldwide channel investments; home entertainment acquisition and distribution, operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of filmed entertainment in more than 130 countries. Sony Pictures Television (SPT) operates three complementary lines of business:
1) Distribution of SPE's feature films and television programming to television outlets around the world, 2) Local television production in key international markets, 3) International television networks and digital networks.
The key purpose of this position (Administrative Assistant, Legal) is to provide full administrative support for the Corporate Legal team based in the Miami office. The daily responsibilities will include legal administrative support for the Corporate Legal team, including the ability to identify basic deal terms, calendar contractual action dates, calendar key government filing and/or court dates, and manage legal files and filing systems. The Administrative Assistant, will be actively involved at various levels with the processes and activities relating to the day-to-day operations of Sony Pictures' television business for the market of Latin America and Brazil. This team member should have an enthusiastic interest in the entertainment business and in serving as the interface/liaison between Corporate Legal and several of the other departments of the company, with both internal and external contacts. The Administrative Assistant, must be proactive and willing to take on various responsibilities required to keep the operations of the department running effectively and efficiently. Good computer skills, excellent written and verbal communications, a strong work ethic and great time management skills are critical for success in this role. A successful Administrative Assistant, has a critical role in making sure that the team operates effectively and strong communications are maintained whether Supervisors are in or out of the office.
50% 1. Administration of Confidential Documents and Materials:
• Appropriately handle and maintain confidentiality of sensitive legal documentation and corporate information.
• Coordinate the distribution of drafts of and obtain signatures on contracts.
• Distribute legal documentation as requested by Supervisors.
• Create and maintain files of all contracts for the Corporate Legal team.
• Create and maintain a log of all contracts and documents filed.
• Create and maintain organized binders of contracts and relevant laws.
• Assist the team in the creation and/or editing of PowerPoint presentations, letters, and/or memos.
• Compare document drafts upon Supervisors' request.
• Locate and obtain archived documents for the team.
• Cover for other assistants and provide administrative support to other attorneys and paralegals in the Corporate Legal Department, as needed.
• Juggle multiple tasks, prioritize workload independently, and work autonomously within scope of job responsibilities.
20%: 2. Calendars:
• Maintain Supervisors' respective calendars.
• Maintain the regulatory filing calendar and legal matter deadline calendar.
• Maintain the contract calendar regarding expirations and renewals.
• Communicate with the relevant business leads for collection and submission of information for regulatory filings.
10% 3. Correspondence and Meetings:
• Receive incoming mail and faxes addressed to Supervisors and process accordingly.
• Prepare and send dictated letters, emails and faxes on behalf of Supervisors.
• Mail correspondence as requested by Supervisors.
• Create and maintain a log of all contracts distributed and the status of distributed contracts(partially executed, fully executed, distributed, and/or filed).
• Arrange and schedule meetings as instructed by Supervisors.
• Represent Sony Pictures Entertainment in a professional manner to internal and external contacts (e.g., law firms, other business and legal affairs departments within and outside of SPE, talent agencies and representatives).
5% 4. Telephone Calls: Handle all incoming calls for the Supervisors. Arrange and schedule conference calls as instructed by Supervisors.
5% 5. Contact Database: Develop and maintain an electronic file of key contacts and critical information that will be shared by Supervisors.
5% 6. Expense Reports and Travel Arrangements: Prepare expense reports for Supervisors. Follow up on payments/reimbursements and maintain Supervisors up to date regarding the status of their respective expense reports. Maintain a log of submitted reports along with payment details. Process travel arrangements for business trips (including flight, hotel, transportation as needed, etc.).
5% 7. Intercompany Communication: Maintain an open line of communication between Corporate Legal Department in Miami and other offices to address common issues pertaining to office operations and to assist Supervisors with communications and information gathering for legal projects.
• Excellent Word Processing and Computer Skills with High Level of Knowledge and Comfort. The role requires daily use of Microsoft Office programs-MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, as well as, a comfort using other database applications. The Administrative Assistant will be required to do extensive word processing and editing of documents. In addition, in this role he/she will need to have a general use of the internet as a source of reference data and information.
• A Team Player and Self-Motivated. The Administrative Assistant is a critical member of the team and needs to have a positive attitude about being a contributing member of the team and supporting a positive environment for his/her colleagues. Also, the Administrative Assistant needs to have a high degree of self-motivation to seek out answers to questions.
• Highly Organized and Detail-Oriented. The Administrative Assistant is expected to be highly organized with a high degree of attention to details. The Administrative Assistant is often sought to provide confirmation of key activities and input on reasons that may have impacted final activities; especially but not limited to travel, expense and creative transmissions. In his/her role, the Administrative Assistant interfaces significantly with finance department and needs to maintain accurate information and details regarding, but not limited to, expenses and office purchases.
• Strong Interpersonal Skills. In order to effectively communicate with both internal and external audiences, the Administrative Assistant has to have strong interpersonal and communication skills. Because of the level of interaction with others, the Administrative Assistant is a regular representative of the Legal department and needs to present and reflect the values of the organization. The ability to clearly articulate his/her work status is fundamental to success.
• Performance Under Pressure. The Administrative Assistant on a regular basis will deal with many individuals often