Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Admin Assistant Iv
Admin Assistant IV
• Assist EVP of Global Publicity with all aspects of managing the Global Publicity department and titles across Columbia Pictures, TriStar Pictures, Screen Gems, Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions, Sony Pictures Classics and Sony Pictures Animation.
• Manage internal personnel on behalf of the EVP of Global Publicity including four Pod Leads and team members in London, Canada, and New York
• Assist with daily administrative duties including, but not limited to, answering heavy phones, drafting memos, scheduling meetings/managing executive's calendar, creating meeting agendas and taking notes, updating binders, securing drive-ons, reserving conference rooms, etc.
• Arrange travel and create detailed schedules/itineraries for EVP, including hotel accommodations, ground transportation, and flights.
• Process invoices and handle payment queries, submit and update vendor paperwork, review department ProCard and Corp Card expense reports, create and submit expense reports for EVP of Global Publicity
• Create, update, and distribute internal department documents such as org charts, Outlook contact groups, Bible buckslips, meeting distros, contact sheets, and job descriptions.
• Distribute relevant internal studio and film documents such as talking points, release schedules, production status reports, and post production summary reports to the Global Publicity department
• Interface with studio executives, filmmakers, and talent representatives on a regular basis to solve problems and anticipate potential challenges
• Assist on-site at premieres, press junkets, field activations, promo screenings, screening Q&As, and other global campaign events, often escorting high-profile talent, filmmakers, and executives
• Responsible for interviewing, hiring and supervising interns each semester and distributing info to teams (with Pod assistants and coordinators)
• Oversee new hire onboarding and employee offboarding for Global Publicity employees and temps
• Orchestrate inter-departmental & cross-divisional brainstorms and strategy meetings
• Work closely with all departments including National Publicity, International Publicity, Intersectional Marketing, Media, Exhibitor Partnerships, National Partnerships and Consumer Products, Home Entertainment, Sony Music, Legal, Finance, Creative, etc.
• Coordinate annual contract renewals with department vendors, including Muck Rack, Daily Buzz, magazines & newspaper newsstands, etc
• Competitive research & other research projects on an as needed basis
• Oversee ordering and replenishment of office supplies and snacks and beverages for meeting guests and Sony lot talent screenings
• Assist on various awards seasons campaigns, including:
• Scheduling weekly awards meetings, creating meeting agendas, and taking and distributing notes
• Liaison with filmmakers, talent reps, strategy consultants, in-house consultants, and other departments (Creative, Media, Photo, Legal, Music, etc)
• Assist with processing invoices, submitting and updating vendor paperwork, and updating awards budgets
• Assist with awards submissions, guild screenings, calendars , advertising deadlines, screener production and delivery, and award shows and events logistics for throughout awards season
• Assist on-site at screenings, tastemaker events, and award shows
• 3-5 years experience as an administrative assistant
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint)
• Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
• Must be detail-oriented
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize to ensure that all assignments are completed in an accurate and timely manner
• Must be able to meet deadlines
• Must be flexible – an ability to work well in an environment where needs and priorities are subject to much revision
• Common sense, dependability, discretion and attention to detail are required
• Must be a self-starter with a team-player attitude
• Excellent communication skills – written and oral (must have a professional and courteous demeanor)
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - CA01