Accounts Receivable Accountant
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Accounts Receivable Accountant - FUNIMATION
Funimation is looking for a talented and motivated Accounts Receivable Accountant to join our team. This role will provide financial, clerical, and administrative services to ensure customer payments are managed, received timely, and applied accurately. The AR clerk will be tasked with continuous improvements of processes and procedures, in order to improve efficiency of all departmental products. Knowledge in GAAP accounting is needed. The candidate selected will be hard-working, independent, and a quick learner.
• Maintain up-to-date billing system and accounts receivable customer files and records
• Generate and send out invoices
• Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments, and other irregularities
• Follow up on, collect and allocate payments, and process adjustments
• Carry out billing, collection, and reporting activities according to specific deadlines
• Research and resolve payment discrepancies and investigate and resolve customer queries
• Perform account reconciliations and generate age analysis
• Ensure accuracy of applying cash receipts per the customer remittance and properly code miscellaneous receipts to the correct G/L cash, accounts receivable, and revenue account
• Prepare daily and monthly reconciliation of cash receipts to the G/L and bank statements
• Monthly reconciliation of unapplied receipts
• Review and process debit and credit memo requests for account adjustments related to tax; disputes and refunds to customer
• Ensure integrity of the G/L accounting distribution for cash receipts, invoices and A/R adjustments, as it relates to the activity in the receivable sub-ledger
• Communicate with customers via phone, email, and/or mail
• Contribute to month end close as needed
• Ensure data integrity, consistency and accuracy through proper application of accounting principles
• Responsible for the preparation of all required interim and final audit work-papers and ensure that work-papers and/or schedules are completed by the required due date
• Responsible for the accuracy of work-papers and/or schedules and analyzing and explaining any variances or discrepancies
• Research inquiries from other departments and respond in a timely manner
• Responsible for adhoc analysis and projects as needed
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting
• 3 plus years in Accounting
• Thorough knowledge of Accounts Receivable functions
• Account Receivable experience in distribution/retail
• Good understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and able to put them into practice
• Ability to balance multiple priorities, meet deadlines, and work independently
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with all levels of the company
• Effective team player with demonstrated work ethic and a strong initiative to succeed
• Demonstrate understanding of assigned processes and ability to identify process improvements
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required
• Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Funimation offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, 401(k) with a generous company match, ongoing employee development.
Funimation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
*Funimation is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
. *Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Funimation creates extraordinary anime experiences for tens of millions of people around the world every day. For over 25 years, Funimation has been the market leader, serving a passionate fan community whenever, and wherever they want it. We deliver the best that anime has to offer across television, feature films, events, retail, merchandise and, of course, the Funimation subscription apps, which are available on 15 platforms in 47 countries. Our culture is high-energy and our approach is deeply customer-obsessed, with top talent from across the full spectrum of media, tech, gaming and entertainment. With over 400 employees in 6 countries, Funimation is rapidly expanding and looking for passionate, innovative leaders to join our team.