Account Exec, Content Distribution
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Account Exec, Content Distribution - US Networks
Sony Pictures Television:
Sony Pictures Television (SPT) is one of the industry's leading content providers, producing, distributing and delivering programming in every genre around the world and for a multitude of platforms.
This role is primarily responsible for working with the Executive Director, Content Distribution to expand the reach of SPT – U.S. Networks' content platforms (Sony Movie Channel, Cine Sony, getTV, Funimation, Crackle, SVOD) with all video providers (cable, satellite and telco MVPD's and all V-MVPD's) in the domestic U.S.
The role will also work closely with SPT Distribution Marketing to develop and execute the Content Distribution team's business-to-business marketing and promotional initiatives including contributing to the development of strategies, materials, and in-person attendance at executive level meetings.
Position requires some domestic travel.
Positive and charismatic individual who works well independently as part of a team, on a self-directed basis and requires minimal supervision. Detail-oriented individual who can handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines and working in a fast-paced environment. Clear, concise and comprehensive communications with direct manager and teammates is mandatory. Vigilant follow-through and good time management skills essential. Must enjoy direct client interaction. Analytical and critical thinking skills paramount.
Content Distribution & Market Development (85%):
• Business development and prospecting of ''tier two'' MVPDs and emerging V-MVPD platforms
• Deal support role on larger MVPD and emerging V-MVPD business development
• Broadcast station deal support and early stage vetting of affiliate prospects for multicast distribution
• Set pitches and attend affiliate and industry events as necessary
• Collaborate with Exec. Director and Distribution Marketing team on sales materials and digital campaigns to support distribution efforts of U.S. Network's content platforms
Sales Operations (15%):
• Serve as primary network liaison for all on-boarding of new MVPD and V-MVPD platforms internally and externally
• Ad-hoc research/reporting as needed
• 1-3 years direct experience in cable or broadcast network content distribution to MVPD's and V-MVPD's
• Direct negotiation experience and dispute resolution skills
• Ability and willingness to travel domestically, required
• Current command of rapidly evolving broadcast, cable and digital landscapes
• Strong interpersonal savvy with ability to build relationships
• Extremely strong service orientation
• Experience presenting and pitching to internal and external clients
• Proven ability to develop and execute marketing and promotional initiatives
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to multitask and work effectively in a team environment
• Self-sufficient in common personal computer programs (email, presentation software, etc.)
• Team player with the ability to work independently when necessary
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios