Youtube Optimization Manager
Sony MusicMiami, FL
Full Time Job
Reporting to the Senior Director of Digital Business, this position of YouTube Channel Optimization Manager requires specialization managing YouTube. This position will be vital in scaling the Sony U.S. Latin record label’s video business and executing on a value proposition that is focused on driving customers’ satisfaction, engagement and revenue. The individual will use their knowledge of YouTube Channel Optimization, YouTube and Vevo best practices, YouTube analytics, SEO and SEM to maximize positioning, revenue and growth. The individual’s thorough understanding and passion for Latin music genres including Latin Urban, Regional Mexican, and Latin Pop will help drive audience growth strategies for Sony Music US Latin artists.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
• Optimize official artist channels on YouTube including strategy, content curation, community tabs, activation, etc.
• Analyze and assess channel and monetization performance, leveraging knowledge of the YouTube ecosystem and platform strategies.
• Develop content initiatives to improve the channel performance.
• Create periodic management reports of performance in terms of revenues and growth trends.
• Foresee any platform issues and roadblocks to ensure effective channel management before, during and after the release.
• Provide ongoing priority channel support including programming advice, optimizations and general troubleshooting.
• Managing high-level strategic video programming, content curation, Q&A, and syndication to video platforms.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• 3 years related experience with a demonstrated strong grasp of digital video to include a minimum of 3 years’ experience directly managing, programming, and optimizing YouTube Channels.
• YouTube Channel Optimization Certification.
• YouTube CMS experience
• Demonstrated ability to create and implement SEO and SEM strategies on YouTube.
• Conversational and written fluency in English and Spanish
• Bachelor’s degree required in related field(s)
• Proficient knowledge of video channel best practices, channel category subject matter, music industry and social media news and trends, and the competitive landscape.
• Understanding of making shareable content for a variety of media, and exploring ways to optimize content for views with the objective of growing audiences.
• Ability to work autonomously and manage multiple deadlines; exceptional organizational skills to oversee video projects from conception to completion.
• In-depth understanding of the digital landscape and a proven interest in keeping up-to-date with developments in web platforms and applications
• Strong collaboration skills
• Relationship-driven with a creative streak
• Understanding and passion for Latin music genres like Latin Urban, Regional Mexican, and Latin Pop to drive audience growth strategies for artists.
• The following qualifications will be considered a plus:
• Experience working in the music industry, interactive marketing, or product management fields
• Video production/editing experience
SONY Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Corporation of America wholly owns Sony Music Entertainment.