Sony MusicLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
AWAL has revolutionized the recording business by putting the creator at the center of everything we do and transforming the way artists release music. Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a comprehensive global campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to achieve success while maintaining ownership of their masters. The leading artists who have already chosen AWAL include Dayglow, Little Simz, Young the Giant, THEY., mxmtoon, Lizzy McAlpine, Jungle, Tom Misch and many more.
AWAL is currently over 150 people based across 10 offices and we're continuing to grow. That's where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the best addition to our successful team.
AWAL is looking for a strategic in-house, label publicist to lead the company's publicity function. The role aims to give AWAL a public facing, informed and consistent consumer voice through press, external outlets, and internal communications. The Publicist will work closely with AWAL's GM to actively promote its artists and the label by seeking and securing publicity opportunities across all media platforms.
What you'll do:
• Create, implement and manage strategic publicity campaigns for our roster of artists across all genres, including procuring television appearances, editorial opportunities, podcasts, social media takeovers, content partnerships etc.
• Develop robust publicity campaigns designed to effectively communicate an artist's story and grow an audience across appropriate media platform.
• Curate talking points and key messages for executive interviews and/or talent media opportunities.
• Manage relationships with our artists' external marketing agencies and PR companies.
• Navigate and cultivate relationships with key decision makers/tastemakers across all media.
• Oversee the company's internal and external corporate communications strategy including communicating and seeking coverage for the label's announcements and accomplishments and procuring editorial and speaking/appearance opportunities for its executives.
• Collaborate with executive team to respond quickly and effectively to crisis situations as they arise.
• Escort talent to television performances/photo shoots/events and effectively prepare talent and media for interviews and appearances.
• Manage all artist/label award submissions for key industry awards.
• Attend / provide publicity support shows, events, company functions as needed, etc.
• Write, edit and maintain press materials such as artist and executive bios, press releases, quote sheets, clips, etc.
• Be an active member of the marketing team, which involves weekly meetings, brainstorming sessions, strategy conversations and social media promotion.
Who you are:
• 12 years of progressive publicity/media relations experience required.
• Must have strong media contacts and relationships across all music, lifestyle, entertainment and fashion media.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the media industry, award shows and its power players.
• Steeped in pop culture, plus awareness of current events.
• Ability to generate and execute creative and innovative ideas to generate buzzworthy coverage.
• Excellent writing skills with the ability to draft and package top-notch content – including press releases, speeches, op-eds, internal communications and presentations – on rapid deadlines.
• Outgoing personality with excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively within a team.
• Awareness of press campaigns of acts similar to our roster.
• Possess a demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple tasks and priorities while delivering timely results.
• Proficient in Google Drive, Outlook, Excel.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.