VP, Podcast Ad Sales
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Sony Music Entertainment is a global leader in audio entertainment that works in partnership with music and podcasting talent to develop and maximize their creative and commercial opportunities. We are seeking a VP, Podcast Ad Sales for our Podcasting business focused on supporting creative storytelling talent, developing engaging content, and driving new business opportunities.
As the VP of Podcast Ad Sales, you will be responsible for all aspects of Sony Music’s podcast advertising and monetization. You will build and maintain relationships with brands, agencies and ad-sales partners, and you will guide the monetization process, from prospecting and account strategies to ensuring ads are sold and inventory is optimized. This position will play a key role in educating the market and creating messaging around the benefits of advertising on Sony Music podcasts. This is great opportunity for an entrepreneurial candidate to develop Sony Music’s approach to ad-sales and monetization on its podcasts. The candidate will be part Sony Music’s podcast team in New York City and will report to the SVP, Business Development & Operations for Podcasting.
• Develop and maintain relationships with brands, media agencies and partners
• Consult with brands and media agencies directly on their advertising needs, and sell benefits of advertising on Sony Music podcasts
• Negotiate deal costs and terms to close advertising buys that results in a win for everybody
• Fill, manage and catalogue ad inventory for the full network of Sony Music Podcasts
• Educate producers and Sony Music labels on industry changes to podcast monetization
• Inform producers and Sony Music labels of ad-sales performance on individual podcasts and identify opportunities to improve monetization
• Forecast and report sales performance, including budget, dates, and probability to close
• Collaborate with Sony Music podcast teams and ventures to lead proper execution of campaigns and insure alignment with customers
• Provide actionable insights and solutions to clients based on their objectives and Sony Music's podcast opportunities
• Create and adapt monetization strategies that align with the rapidly evolving marketplace
• This is an opportunity to grow and manage a team
• At least 5 to 10 years of experience in digital ad sales, including programmatic, direct, and branded/sponsored content
• Clear and proven depth of digital media sales, and podcasts preferably, including effectively using data to generate new deals
• Proven track record for closing digital media deals and generating new revenue
• Proficiency with the entire sales cycle, ie prospecting; meeting and engaging; developing proposals and pitching;
• Excellent understanding of agency dynamics, how they operate and how/what campaign buying and planning entails
• Substantial contacts at top interactive agencies/brand advertisers (including media, operations, analytics) and have a strong knowledge of accounts, planning teams and planning cycles
• Must have prior experience creating and managing budgets
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
• Must be adept in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Undergraduate degree required
• Familiarity with both agency branding and direct response language and dynamics
• Knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel and creating your own proposals
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.