Sony MusicNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 9/30/2021 1:50:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for VP, Marketing jobs in New York-NY
Search all VP, Marketing postings
Full Time Job
Sony Music Entertainment is a global leader in audio entertainment that works in partnership with music and podcasting talent to develop and maximize their creative and commercial opportunities. We are seeking a Vice President of Marketing for our Podcasting business; focused on supporting creative storytelling talent, developing engaging content, and driving new business opportunities.
As the Vice President of Marketing for Sony Music, you will oversee the planning, development, pitching and execution of innovative marketing strategies to launch, brand and develop podcasts throughout the product lifecycle. This role will be part of Sony Music's podcast team in New York.
What you'll do:
• Oversee podcast marketing team of 5 with strategic vision and guidance
• Set goals, marketing plan and budget for all new and ongoing shows in order to meet goals and related success metrics, including growth in monthly downloads and unique listeners
• Closely monitor and analyze key performance indicators, including cost per listen, conversion rates, unique listeners, downloads and audience metrics per show and campaign
• Work closely with platform partners (Apple, Spotify, Amazon, etc) to maximize show promotion
• Establish systems and processes to further optimize marketing efforts and workflows with internal & external partners
Who you are:
• At least 7 to 10 years of progressive marketing experience in the media/entertainment industry with demonstrable experience building successful consumer marketing campaigns.
• Must have experience with leading a team of direct reports.
• Must be experienced and skilled performing in a liaison role between creative podcast talent using tact, persuasion, and timing.
• Must have prior experience creating and managing budgets.
• Exceptional communication and negotiation skills.
• Must have a passionate commitment to music, podcasts and the creative community.
• Undergraduate degree required.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
Time off for a winter recess
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.