Vice President, Release Planning & Production
Sony MusicFranklin, TN
Full Time Job
Vice President, Release Planning & Production / Provident Entertainment
As Vice President, Release Planning and Production, you will play a key role in leading and overseeing the release planning, production and distribution of all commercial and promotional audio and video products through physical and digital supply chains. Your role will ensure the entire life cycle of Provident Entertainment's physical and digital products meet deadlines to help our artists deliver music to their fans. Position requires interaction with members of senior management and other high-level internal and external contacts.
What you'll do:
• Lead and oversee product manufacturing, inventory control, assignment of product numbers, product entry data integrity, international production, master archiving, and special production department projects for Provident Entertainment's physical and digital products, including both owned and distributed label releases.
• Oversee and implement release planning schedule to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of all music, video, artwork and digital assets to the asset management system and physical manufacturing facilities.
• Oversee the entry of comprehensive release data in global release planning systems to ensure product setup for digital delivery or physical manufacturing. Update label departments with production deadlines.
• Oversee management of physical product inventory for owned and distributed labels. Coordinate with distributor around inventory control and all other matters related to physical distribution.
• Oversee communication with supply chain contacts to confirm manufacturing specifications and coordinate all assets for physical releases.
• Oversee the scheduling of products across multiple internal departments, and vendors.
• Lead weekly production meeting with label and other groups to receive updates on artwork production, master delivery, digital asset creation and delivery, and physical sales forecasts.
• Actively seek to find process improvements for creation & release of music products and lead the incorporation of new technologies, products, and processes as they arise.
• Deal efficiently and effectively with unforeseen production problems to ensure prompt delivery of required assets.
• Maintain daily communication with Business Affairs/Copyright and A&R Administration departments regarding new releases and track all legal clearances.
• Attend strategic and planning meetings related to evolving systems and responsibilities within the company and represent Provident Entertainment in Sony Music system development/implementation meetings and steering committees.
• Oversee the Release Planning and Production team, including mentoring, training and developing the staff.
Who you are:
• An experienced professional with at least ten years of prior experience within a Release Planning and/or Production department at a music label or entertainment company
• A Leader with management and leadership experience
• An excellent communicator and enthusiastic collaborator who works well with team members, external partners, senior management and large groups
• A thoughtful, organized and results-oriented professional with outstanding attention to detail
• An Analyzer who can monitor time spent on a particular project and instruct departments of revised deadlines
• Someone who can work under pressure, anticipate issues and resolve problems as they arise
• Able to understand and implement company-wide systems, policies and procedures
• An Adaptor who has excellent technical and problem-solving skills (Sony proprietary systems, Microsoft Word, Excel, web browsers etc.)
• Knowledgably in audio production, video production and artwork production
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess