Vice President, Finance
Sony MusicNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 9/3/2020 7:49:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Vice President, Finance jobs in New York-NY
Search all Vice President, Finance postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Vice President, Finance? About Sony Music Entertainment
At Sony Music Entertainment, we fuel the creative journey. We've played a pioneering role in music history, from the first-ever music label to the invention of the flat disc record. We've nurtured some of music's most iconic artists and produced some of the most influential recordings of all time. Today, we work in more than 60 countries, supporting a diverse roster of international superstars, developing and independent artists, and visionary creators. From our position at the intersection of music, entertainment, and technology, we bring imagination and expertise to the newest products and platforms, embrace new business models, employ breakthrough tools, and provide powerful insights that help our artists push creative boundaries and reach new audiences. In everything we do, we're committed to artistic integrity, transparency, and entrepreneurship. Sony Music Entertainment is a member of the Sony family of global companies.
The Vice President of Finance – GDB & US Sales, is responsible for managing a team of 11 employees across a wide range of finance and operational functions for Sony Music's Global Digital Business division.
• Financial oversight of Sony Music's Podcasting Joint Ventures, initiatives, and Partnerships with Third Parties and SME Business Units.
• Oversee day-to-day management of the Partner Forecasting, Podcasting & VR, GDB P&L management, and Financial Reporting groups within the GDB division. The ideal candidate will arm the teams with the right tools so they are working to their highest potential relatively independently.
• Have a thorough understanding of digital customer arrangements, and changes that will impact financial reporting.
• Liaise with Global Tax Office to assess impact of tax changes on digital services and work with Business & Legal Affairs (''BLA'') as well as with DSPs on operational changes required as a result of findings.
• Oversee Digital Service Provider (''DSP'') Audits of major partners, work with external auditors, and legal to facilitate audit to completion.
• Partner with senior management to understand strategic initiatives and manage monthly, quarterly, and annual digital revenue performance goals.
• Work with SME Business Units worldwide to understand and agree on company-wide digital revenue goals and performance.
• Partner with management, legal, and business development teams on digital deal structuring by providing guidance from a Finance and Operations perspective.
• Partner with internal stakeholders to understand data requests needed for various audit, litigation, or management analyses. Work with the relevant internal teams (eg. IS&T, Royalties) to pull and prepare the data necessary.
• Design and implement processes that continue to improve our review over the quality of data received from third parties.
• Partner with and direct the digital group within Sony Music's Shared Service Center to provide analysis of account activity, gather necessary data for the Global Digital Business, and complete the month-end close as well as projects that arise from new deal initiatives.
• Ensure all SOX-compliant activities that are part of the Financial Reporting function are completed timely.
• Equity Investment & Warrants Accounting, including impairment testing
• Process Improvement and other Ad-Hoc projects.
• CPA preferred
• Minimum 10 years of business experience in an Accounting function or a combined Accounting FP&A role
• Big 4 accounting firm experience preferred
• Entertainment /Music /Digital industry experience
• MBA a plus
• Track record of analytical and creative problem solving
• Ability to shift priorities quickly in a rapidly evolving Recorded Music market
• Experience with SAP, Business Warehouse and BPC business software preferred
• Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
• Ideal candidate is innovative, resourceful and should have strong people management and motivation skills
• Well organized, detail oriented with ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines while managing multiple concurrent tasks
• Comfortable in communicating across a global business and amongst all management levels up to (and including) C-level
This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.