Vice President, Finance
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Vice President of Finance – GDB & US Sales, is responsible for managing a team of 11 employees across a wide range of finance and operational functions for Sony Music's Global Digital Business division.
• Financial oversight of Sony Music's Podcasting Joint Ventures, initiatives, and Partnerships with Third Parties and SME Business Units.
• Oversee day-to-day management of the Partner Forecasting, Podcasting & VR, GDB P&L management, and Financial Reporting groups within the GDB division. The ideal candidate will arm the teams with the right tools so they are working to their highest potential relatively independently.
• Have a thorough understanding of digital customer arrangements, and changes that will impact financial reporting.
• Liaise with Global Tax Office to assess impact of tax changes on digital services and work with Business & Legal Affairs (''BLA'') as well as with DSPs on operational changes required as a result of findings.
• Oversee Digital Service Provider (''DSP'') Audits of major partners, work with external auditors, and legal to facilitate audit to completion.
• Partner with senior management to understand strategic initiatives and manage monthly, quarterly, and annual digital revenue performance goals.
• Work with SME Business Units worldwide to understand and agree on company-wide digital revenue goals and performance.
• Partner with management, legal, and business development teams on digital deal structuring by providing guidance from a Finance and Operations perspective.
• Partner with internal stakeholders to understand data requests needed for various audit, litigation, or management analyses. Work with the relevant internal teams (eg. IS&T, Royalties) to pull and prepare the data necessary.
• Design and implement processes that continue to improve our review over the quality of data received from third parties.
• Partner with and direct the digital group within Sony Music's Shared Service Center to provide analysis of account activity, gather necessary data for the Global Digital Business, and complete the month-end close as well as projects that arise from new deal initiatives.
• Ensure all SOX-compliant activities that are part of the Financial Reporting function are completed timely.
• Equity Investment & Warrants Accounting, including impairment testing
• Process Improvement and other Ad-Hoc projects.
• CPA required
• Minimum 10 years of business experience in an Accounting function or a combined Accounting FP&A role
• Big 4 accounting firm experience preferred
• Entertainment /Music /Digital industry experience
• MBA a plus
• Track record of analytical and creative problem solving
• Ability to shift priorities quickly in a rapidly evolving Recorded Music market
• Experience with SAP, Business Warehouse and BPC business software preferred
• Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
• Ideal candidate is innovative, resourceful and should have strong people management and motivation skills
• Well organized, detail oriented with ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines while managing multiple concurrent tasks
• Comfortable in communicating across a global business and amongst all management levels up to (and including) C-level
About Sony Music Entertainment
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.