Vice-President, Film Development
Sony MusicFranklin, TN
Full Time Job
Do you have extensive knowledge of the film development and production process and would love to use that knowledge to support the message and ministry of faith-based films?
If so, consider this position as Vice President for Film Development with Provident Films.
Provident Films, a division of Provident Music Group, develops, produces and markets faith-based films, and has been a pioneer in developing the current landscape of this business and ministry. Provident's partnerships include Sherwood Pictures/Kendrick Brothers (War Room, Courageous, Fireproof and Facing the Giants), The Erwin Brothers (I Can Only Imagine, Woodlawn, and Moms' Night Out), and Kirk Cameron (Unstoppable, Kirk Cameron’s Saving Christmas.)
Nashville-based Provident Music Group, a division of Sony Music Entertainment, has been a worldwide leader in inspiring entertainment for more than three decades.
In compliance with the Tennessee Non-Smokers Protection Act, Sony Music is a smoke-free workplace.
Initiate and develop relationships with key partners in the faith-based film community. Lead process for content development and acquisition.
• Identify and secure potential stories, screenplays, and projects for Provident Films to develop, market, finance and produce
• Lead negotiations to secure new content; oversee contractual process for new deals in development; work with counsel as needed
• Plan and oversee all phases of development through greenlight process, ensuring original vision is realized through quality production. This may include, but is not limited to:
• developing creative concept to a profitable model
• composing and editing scripts
• overseeing and monitoring production process, ensuring production objectives are attained; coordinate activities of writers, directors, managers, and other personnel throughout production process.
• selecting music and all other phases of development
• Oversee post-production activities to polish films and screen them for test audiences
• Work with Provident Films team on marketing and advertising promotional campaigns and development of business plan for distribution of theatrical releases
• Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with producers, directors, production partners, film studio executives, screenwriters, and content creators
• Identify potential producers, production partners, and experienced writers to develop a robust pipeline of content that will appeal to the faith-based consumer
• Oversee development of project budgets. Develop relevant strategies and tactics that will result in revenue generation, lowered cost, increased efficiency, and improved operating margin. Ensure projects keep within approved budgets, as well as production schedules and timeline.
• Work closely with other Provident Music Group staff to further the goals of both Provident Films and Provident Music Group divisions.
• Utilize data and research (such as target market profiles, competitor data, consumer behavior patterns, technological shifts, and trends in both the broader movie industry and with faith-based films) to assess prospective projects and to make strategic decisions.
• Represent Provident Films at promotional and industry events, film festivals, conferences, travelling when necessary.
• Extensive knowledge of film development and production process, typically gained through experience in an executive level or executive producer role
• Wide-ranging movie industry knowledge with proven ability to separate/identify the commercially viable from the pack; experience analyzing strengths and weaknesses of potential projects.
• Understanding of faith-based movie audience, along with understanding of current market tastes and trends
• Desire to support message and ministry of faith-based films
• A successful track record leading a team toward execution of strategy with demonstrated ability to communicate a vision and provide purpose, direction, and motivation to both internal staff and external partners
• Proven experience using influence and relationships to compel others into action
• Demonstrated success in planning and overseeing projects, working with external parties and vendors
• Polished and professional demeanor
• Strong collaboration, communication and negotiation skills
• Demonstrated success creating, developing, and maintaining an extensive network of industry contacts (such as producers, directors, production partners, film studio executives, screenwriters, and content creators)
• Available to travel and attend weekend and evening events
Work in a newly remodeled open-floor plan environment in the Cool Springs area of Franklin, Tennessee, and receive outstanding benefits including medical/dental/life/disability insurance, 401(k) match, AND 28 paid days off per year (including paid holiday time Christmas Day through New Year’s Day).
Your cover letter is your opportunity to convince us you are the perfect person for this job!
Note: if you have previously applied for a Sony Music Entertainment job and wish to submit a different résumé or cover letter than the one you last used, follow these steps.
* Apply for this job online.
* Click on “Update Profile.” From there, upload a new résumé, or copy and paste a new cover letter. Be sure to click “Update Profile” at the bottom of the page when you’re done.
We communicate with applicants by email. If you don’t receive an email confirming our receipt of your application, please check your spam filter and add us to your “allowed” email list: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.