SVP, Sales & Distribution Premium Content
Sony MusicCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
The Sony Music Premium Content team is looking for an SVP, SVOD/TV Sales & Distribution executive to support Film, Doc & TV projects, across the global Sony Music roster. You will be working with exciting new artists and also iconic catalog artists across our 125-year history.
You will be expected to collaborate with our artists, managers, labels and filmmakers to develop near and long-term global SVOD/TV sales and distribution strategies across our new Film, Doc and TV slate and our catalog library, delivering maximum revenue, reach, profile and audience.
This is a hands on role with strategic capability, operating with autonomy to self-lead the SVOD/TV Sales & Distribution function, while collaborating with the wider Sony Music organization.
This is an exciting opportunity to exponentially grow our SVOD/TV business around the world.
What you'll do:
• Secure multiple multi-million dollar licenses per year, driven by the pipeline of new releases across the global roster of Sony Music artists
• Build long terms sales strategies for new release marquee Film and TV products on behalf of some of the biggest artists in Sony Music history, utilizing extensive data/analytics, and collaborating with labels and filmmakers
• Initiate and advancing licensing of the F&TV library, including collaboration with labels and BA
• Manage a network of 3rd party sales agents, coordinating in line with global film campaigns
• Collaborate with BA and Digital Ops to support seamless delivery and fulfillment of film licenses
Who you are:
• 10 years of progressive experience in the entertainment sales industry
• 5 years of senior SVOD/TV sales and distribution experience in the film industry
• Problem solver and strategist with a ''best in class'' rolodex of global buyers
• Passionate and knowledgeable across music and film
• Able to combine data, analytics, creative, strategy, your rolodex with world class sales abilities
• Relationship builder and exceptional stakeholder engagement skillset
• Capacity to balance between execution and strategy
• Creative self-starter with high EQ and executive function in a pressurized environment
• Experience drawing insights and direction from data/analytics
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills - able to communicate with all levels of global management- internal and external
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
Time off for a winter recess
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.