SVP - Partner Development
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Senior Vice President, Partner Development is a highly-visible senior business leader within Sony Music’s Global Digital Business group who is responsible for optimizing macro business relationships with Sony Music’s largest digital partners globally. The successful candidate will lead a team of account experts to engage deeply with these key partners, at various organizational levels, to develop revenue growth initiatives. The successful candidate will also oversee an array of operational, analytical and forecasting aspects of the relationships.
will include, but are not limited to, maximizing Sony Music’s revenue at each top digital account, initiation and management of projects to optimise account-level and cross-account opportunities, communication with Sony Music senior management regarding their priorities and key developments in the partner businesses, ensuring accurate forecasting of partner revenues, and serving as the key global contact both for the partner and for internal stakeholders with respect to Sony Music’s evolving business with these accounts.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This role is based at Sony Music’s offices in New York.
• Assume global account-management responsibility for Sony Music’s top digital partners
• Develop strong executive relationships with the partners and with internal stakeholders, including repertoire owners, operations and reporting/analytics groups, and local, regional & corporate senior management
• Develop partner-specific and cross-partner revenue-optimization strategies, and lead implementation of those strategies
• Represent Sony Music’s business interests to, and drive desired outcomes with, the partners
• Establish regular formal and informal communication with internal stakeholders regarding partner performance, best practices, operational changes, analytics, and new opportunities
• Oversee monthly business planning and forecasting with respect to the partners, and implement and maintain regular communication of updates and insights
• Oversee business insight analysis, establish transparency regarding performance, and drive initiatives to address any under-performance
• Oversee various operational functions, feature/content integrations, and other on-going day-to-day account management matters
• Results-driven, pro-active and resourceful team player who excels at identifying opportunities, creatively developing plans to maximise those opportunities, and driving them through to completion
• Outstanding attention to detail and analytical/critical ability, with a keen eye for data
• Strong relationships person
• Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills, and ability to influence people at all levels
• Genuine passion for the music industry, and the digital space in particular
• University degree mandatory, with MBA or equivalent business qualification preferred
• 12 years’ experience in music or a related digital content industry, ideally at a recorded-music company or digital music service
• Expertise in digital content commercial models, e.g., ad-supported and subscription streaming, user-generated content models, etc.
• Experience with successfully managing teams of high-performing professionals, including data analysts