Streaming Strategy College Marketing Representative
Sony MusicUs, US
Part Time Job
Sony Music U plays an essential part in the development of Sony Music's emerging artists, and also assists in the rollout of established artists. Among the myriad of functions and responsibilities, our College Marketing Representatives organize listening events, interact closely with various campus groups, liaise with independent record stores and lifestyle shops (skate shops, cafes, barber shops, clothing stores, etc.), and are also very active across social media platforms. We ask our reps to spread awareness for our priority projects via social media, therefore, you will be asked to utilize your personal accounts. This is a part-time role that requires a commitment of approximately 20 hours per week. The College Marketing Representative position is a great way to learn about the music business, gain marketing experience, and get your foot in the door of one of the world’s leading entertainment companies.
The Streaming Strategy College Marketing Representative is responsible for managing the College 101 playlist, pitching Sony tracks to various playlist influencers, and managing the overall streaming/playlisting strategy for the College Marketing department.
• Curate and maintain the College 101 playlist
• Pitch tracks to curators to expand the reach of Sony artists on streaming platforms
• Initiate and execute campaign ideas to grow our playlist following
• Work closely with the Filtr team to discuss playlist strategies
• Analyzing data and compiling reports on findings across relevant campaigns
• Proactively research and seek out potential opportunities in the streaming and playlisting space
• Minimum Experience Required: Previous experience working in playlisting, utilizing data & analytics
• Currently enrolled as a full-time Undergraduate college student with (2) or more years before graduation
• Maintain timely communication with our management team in New York City (note this is a remote position)
• Knowledge and passion of the streaming platforms (Spotify, Apple, etc.)
• Appreciation for music and a passion for discovering new music
• Strong time management & organizational skills
• Strategic thinker comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• Comfortable with reviewing data and compiling actionable insights
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.