Sony MusicFranklin, TN
Full Time Job
We help move the business forward. We keep the cogs running smoothly in a creative and exciting industry. We're looking for a Staff Accountant to join our team. Use your accounting degree and experience as a part of a dynamic team that will value your contributions! As a member of the accounting staff of Provident Music Group, you would have the opportunity to
• Use and build on your accounting skills alongside a small but experienced professional accounting team.
• Give input on ways to improve and modify accounting processes.
• Participate in month-end and year-end closes including processing journal entries and performing analyses.
• Prepare financial statements for management review and perform a review for unusual items in financial statements. Meet all monthly reporting requirements.
• Serve as the primary contact for financial-related questions and liaison for label administration and management.
• Complete all necessary approval of invoices and submission of items for corporate payment.
• Complete ad-hoc tasks pertaining to other finance areas as it relates to other business segments.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business (or related field), or comparable work experience required.
• Experience in corporate or public sector accounting, participating in month-end close processes, reconciliations, financial statement preparation and/or comparable accounting duties with demonstration of increasing levels of responsibility and a level of knowledge typically gained through at least three years of experience
• Knowledge of computer hardware and software, including Windows-based applications in spreadsheets and word processing; ability to learn new software packages as necessary.
• Knowledge of commonly used accounting concepts, practices, policies, and procedures in compliance with GAAP.
• Experience with SAP, Hyperion, Navision, or similar accounting and finance software.
• Intermediate Microsoft Excel knowledge; advanced Excel skills preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated organizational skills including experience coordinating multiple assignments and projects in a deadline-driven environment with effective resolution of conflicting priorities.
• Knowledge of accounting methods specific to the recording industry a plus.
The ideal candidate is looking for an opportunity that will be both challenging and rewarding. In addition, the ideal candidate will be a results-oriented self-starter, dedicated and committed to excellence, and will have a strong desire to work in a company that creates and distributes product to the
No relocation expenses will be paid.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.