Sr. Director / VP, People Experience
Sony MusicCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/9/2023 8:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Search for Sr. Director / VP, People Experience jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Sr. Director / VP, People Experience postings
Full Time Job
The Senior Director/VP People Experience (PX), will be responsible for the strategic development of the People agenda for our West Coast based labels and creative teams, and overall leadership, delivery, and execution of best-in-class HR(PX) services across the PX team that supports these groups. Working closely with label and business unit leadership teams and PX leadership to define priorities across all critical employee experiences including organization design, onboarding, engagement, compensation, talent management, career mobility and driving initiatives to create a diverse, inclusive culture.
Reporting into the SVP People Experience Americas this role will be part of the Americaâ€™s PX leadership team and the local Business Unit leadership teams. They will lead a team of 3 direct reports and be responsible for partnering with the all the PX SMEs: Talent Acquisition team, PX Partners, People & Org Development, PX Ops, PX Systems, Total Reward, Org Success and DE&I on strategic initiatives that improve the overall employee experience across the employee journey.
What you'll do:
• Day-to-day Business Partner responsibility for Business Unit Executives in Los Angeles and oversight of the broader team of Business.
• Coach, consult and create trusted partnerships across the Business Units Leaders and their teams.
• Mentor, motivate, develop and coach the PX team of 3 based in Los Angeles and in NYC.
• Deep understanding of US, and in particular Californian labor practices and people relations to guide and inform business decisions related to People, across the West Coast based Business Units.
• Interpret the Americas and Global PX strategy and priorities into strategic initiatives to improve the overall employee experience across key focus pillars:
• Attraction, Hiring & Onboarding Experience (in partnership with TA and PX Operations)
• Build best industry defining capabilities with our current and future workforce through Leadership Development, Career Growth, Mobility Experiences and Talent Management
• Place wellbeing at the heart of everything we do through work-life harmony, access to impactful support
• Cultivate and inspire our unique culture through SMEâ€™s Employee Value Proposition, Employee Engagement, Inclusion, People Partnering, Employee Experiences.
• Identifying themes, trends and latest thinking to feed into developing the best strategies and approaches for each of the pillars
• Continuously evaluate all people practices, and programs, ensuring fair, equitable and inclusive outcomes
• Partner with the Office of DEI and regional leadership teams to support the ongoing actions and efforts of the DEI plans across the West Coast.
• Work with SME centers of excellence (Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Benefits, L&D, Org Success, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion) on key themes in the region to ensure thoughtful and responsive interventions and initiatives as needed.
• Work closely with Business Unit Leadership on key organization development and initiatives that address each unitâ€™s specific business opportunities and cultural dynamics.
• Work closely with Business Unit Leads to identify key priorities (aligned with business plan and employee engagement survey) to communicate and drive employee awareness and alignment.
• Support the development and execution of a unified regional People Plan that contributes to high levels of inclusion, innovation, engagement, and retention.
• Build an environment where wellbeing is fully integrated in all areas of the business.
• Develop a rich business acumen and a deep understanding of creative and music industry drivers with a high level of commercial acumen.
• Use of data, analytics to support the strategies, gain insights and build strong business case for change.
• Champion change programs and initiatives that lead to improved employee experience as well as impact the business results.
• Lead organizational change management initiatives and support leaders with employee communication as needed and organization design as needed.
• Contribute to a highly collaborative Americas and Global People Experience team on cross-functional, trans-national, projects and initiatives.
• Close partnership with Finance, Tech, L&D, Business and Legal Affairs, DE&I, PSI, Comms and other key partners across the organization to develop and deliver an optimal employee experience across the West Coast.
Who you are:
• A self-motivated, innovative thinker who is intellectually curious, with an exceptional business and HR acumen and a keen interest or experience in the music or entertainment industry.
• Senior leadership experience and impact as a trusted advisor and business partner
• Pivots between strategic solutions and executional activities with agility and can seamlessly adapt to changing business environments and priorities.
• Experience leading, developing people strategy and creative vision as well as comfortable with getting involved in execution.
• Grit and agility â€'' comfortable challenging and standing alone when needed, whilst also has the ability to flex approach and style as needed.
• Strong coaching and consultancy skills.
• Collaborative, solution focused partner with high level of EQ.
• Proven leadership experience leading a diverse team to deliver best in class employee experiences, operational efficiency, and high-quality impactful work.
• Excellent communication skills with a range of different styles and neurodiversity.
• Demonstrated ability to build trust and confidence at multiple levels in an organization.
• Demonstrated ability driving pragmatic decision-making in a collaborative, fast-paced, team-based environment. They can make complex decisions and deliver difficult messages with clarity, care and empathy.
• Deep understanding and experience in driving transformative change from a culture and business perspective.
• Demonstrated knowledge and commitment for diversity, equity and inclusion as a key part of organizational culture and sustaining through aligned programs, policies, and practices.
• They should have demonstrated success in translating ambiguous business needs into strategies and concrete organizational, team, and individual development actions.
• They have sound cross-functional collaboration skills, can build relationships internally and instill a sense of solidarity across teams.
• They will have an enterprise mindset with the ability to think about the organization on a global, macro level as well as adapt to local needs and nuances.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully pai