Sr. Director, Marketing
Sony MusicCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
Based out of the Sony Music's West Coast offices in Culver City, the Senior Director of Catalog Marketing will be responsible for creating and executing dynamic artist marketing campaigns centered around Sony Music's extensive & diverse catalogue of recordings.
What you'll do:
• Create, implement, and lead multi-faceted marketing plans with a goal to drive fan acquisition, engagement and consumption from the Sony Music catalog.
• Partner closely and cultivate close, trusted relationships with artist management as well as other members of the artist team (touring, merch, publicists, etc)
• Partner closely with internal teams (content, sales, A&R, sync, etc) to ensure each campaign is creatively 'best-in-class', authentic to the artist's voice, relevant to the fan base and reflective of the evolving market-place.
• Communicate and partner with global counterparts to ensure each campaign is relevant to international needs.
• Manage marketing budgets for each campaign.
• Act as senior member of growing marketing and artist relations presence for Sony Music's catalog team on the west coast.
Who you are:
• 8 years of progressive marketing experience in the entertainment industry with 3 years of experience managing a team.
• Dynamic, curious leader and passionate music fan with broad knowledge of multiple musical genres and the digital landscape.
• Deep understanding of streaming platforms and behavior as well as the current realities and opportunities in the physical marketplace.
• Extensive existing relationships with artist managers, record labels and related partners.
• Experience and understanding of how to leverage data/analytics to build creative, results oriented marketing campaigns.
• Experience with radio, brand partnerships and touring a plus.
• Collaborative approach and demonstrated experience in collaborating with a wide spectrum of personalities across departments, labels, managers and artists.
• Creative self-starter with ability to multi-task, manage multiple deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Outstanding attention to organization and detail.
• Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, communication, and time management skills as well as the ability to prioritize, multitask, and focus while working under stressful and demanding timelines.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess