Sr. Director Marketing
Sony MusicFranklin, TN
Full Time Job
Sr. Director Marketing - Nashville, Tn
Do you have extensive experience developing marketing campaigns and executing strategy and would love to use that knowledge to support the message and ministry of faith-based films?
If so, consider this position as Sr. Director / Marketing with Provident Films.
Provident Films, a division of Provident Music Group, develops, produces and markets faith-based films, and has been a pioneer in developing the current landscape of this business and ministry. Provident's partnerships include Sherwood Pictures/Kendrick Brothers (War Room, Courageous, Fireproof and Facing the Giants), and The Erwin Brothers (I Can Only Imagine, Woodlawn, and Moms' Night Out).
Provident Music Group is the Christian music division of Sony Music Entertainment and includes Provident Label Group, Provident Films, Provident Distribution, Essential Artist Services, and Essential Music Publishing.
In compliance with the Tennessee Non-Smokers Protection Act, Sony Music is a smoke-free
Lead in development of overall branding and marketing strategy for Provident Films to achieve strategic and operational business goals. Guide and equip marketing teams (including independent contractors). Oversee and develop systems and processes that facilitate generation and execution of effective plans by internal and external teams involved with Film. Work in partnership with VP Film Development and Provident Music Group senior management. Identify, develop, and maintain key relationships in the faith film world.
• Develop and plan marketing campaigns for theatrical releases. Hire and lead team of outside marketing contractors in executing the plan. Work in conjunction with theatrical distributor in understanding release plan and distributor marketing efforts. Coordinate Provident and distributor efforts, looking for synergy and partnerships.
• Develop and plan marketing campaigns for home entertainment releases. Provide creative direction for packaging; ensure team meets all timelines. Lead creative process to develop specific elements (such as publicity, web, radio, and grassroots outreach) of marketing campaign and develop budget estimates. Write and present creative briefs and situational/competitive analyses.
• Nurture faith film talent (creative/producer) relationships as it pertains to marketing: help VP Development secure talent by providing pertinent marketing analysis and develop ongoing partnerships.
• Oversee film marketing budgets, ensuring annual overhead and profitability targets are achieved.
• Manage work of film marketing team members. Coach, mentor, and raise team’s ability to deliver and exceed expectations while developing staff skills. Provide ongoing leadership to direct reports.
• Give direction to development of media and print projects related to release of films or home entertainment properties; give feedback on development of DVD master.
• Lead creative process for and research unique creative grassroots materials and methods that can be used to generate word of mouth; oversee development of programs to maximize budget, impact and ease of distribution.
• Serve as company representative with various industry and third party organizations.
• Travel for promotional and industry events, film screenings, and meetings when necessary.
• Experience developing marketing campaigns and executing strategy with demonstrated knowledge of brand management and advertising principles, as well as substantial exposure to a wide variety of disciplines, including brand strategy, marketing plan development, and online marketing (typically gained through seven or more years of experience)
• A successful track record leading a team of varied personalities toward execution of strategy with demonstrated ability to communicate a vision and provide purpose, direction, and motivation to team
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Experience working in a creative environment while producing excellent finished results. Must be a self-starter and resourceful in finding effective solutions efficiently.
• Understanding of the faith-based consumer; experience marketing to the faith-based consumer preferred
• Proven experience meeting and anticipating deadlines, accomplishing work in order of priority, and maintaining composure and effectiveness under pressure and changing conditions
• Ability to maintain constructive working relationships and exhibit a professional manner in dealing with individuals inside and outside the company (superiors, colleagues, artist managers, label marketing staff, vendors, sales personnel, and others
Enjoy an updated open-floor plan workspace in the Cool Springs area of Franklin, Tennessee, with free parking. Sony offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, as well as 401(k) match, and generous paid time off per year (including paid holiday time Christmas Day through New Year’s Day).
Your cover letter is your opportunity to convince us you are the perfect person for this job! Take note to identify any experiences and successes related to the job requirements.
Note: if you have previously applied for a Sony Music Entertainment job and wish to submit a different résumé or cover letter than the one you last used, follow these steps.
* Apply for this job online.
* Click on “Update Profile.” From there, upload a new résumé, or copy and paste a new cover letter. Be sure to click “Update Profile” at the bottom of the page when you’re done.
We communicate with applicants by email. If you don’t receive an email confirming our receipt of your application, please check your spam filter and add us to your “allowed” email list: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.