Sr. Director, Film / TV Operations & Project Management, Premium Content
Sony MusicCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Sony Music is looking for a Sr. Director, Film/TV Operations & Project Management to join the Premium Content team. The position will play a critical role in defining and driving the project management of film and television properties, and coordinating of distribution plans and strategies for all lines of business (Theatrical, SVOD/Licensing, TVOD, and AVOD).
Working in partnership with the central Premium Content team, Label stakeholders (A&R, Release Planning and BLA), and Artist management, you will intimately manage high-priority projects, demonstrating leadership, and attention-to-detail, from conception to completion.
About Sony Music Premium Content
Sony Music Entertainment's (SME) Premium Content division is a full-service content development studio showcasing the Company's global legacy, scale and robust offerings for top creative talent around the world. Designed to provide our artists and creators with unique opportunities to captivate new global audiences, the team develops, produces, and distributes a range of premium projects across film, television, podcasting, gaming and more. Tapping into SME's vast portfolio and catalog libraries, the division champions innovative ideas and collaborations across the Sony entertainment companies to amplify our artists' creative vision and engage fans with captivating content across all formats.
What you'll do:
Project Management / Release Planning / Production and Operations
• Build detailed project plans for each new film / TV project, including rereleases of catalog titles. Identify key milestones to prepare each project for release and communicate timelines to internal and external stakeholders.
• Oversee workflows in service of global Film and Television properties, cross-functional across Labels, and Premium Content distribution executives for timely completion of project, including external production teams on establishing key production schedules and workflows.
• Audit project status on a weekly basis to monitor progress, leading regular project status reviews with key stakeholders, including troubleshooting and communicating all major changes. Escalate issues as necessary.
• Manage business processes and systems, streamlining and optimizing where possible.
• Coordinate Cost / Benefit Analysis of distribution plans.
• Review production bibles and ensure proper inclusion of all necessary materials.
• Review of task deadlines and lead times, manage forward-looking analysis / path to project completion.
• Review necessary release forms (Title Release Forms, Distribution Rights Form, Insurance Requirements etc) and submit to distribution teams.
Distribution Strategy / Sales Support
• Facilitate distribution strategy discussions with Premium Content Distribution executives, Labels, and Artist management, obtaining synergy, strategic direction and general project objectives.
• Consolidate and coordinate various distribution plans across sales channels (Theatrical, TVOD, AVOD, SVOD/TV Licensing).
• Support distribution planning with insightful market research and data/analytics, collaborating with Labels.
• Prepare distribution strategy presentations to key stakeholders.
• Manage global Film & Television release slate, including communication.
• Coordination of marketing initiatives that are fully aligned with label objectives.
• Coordinate 3rd party partners and track global licenses including leading through the license approval process.
Who you are:
• 8 years of progressive experience in Film/Television operations/distribution industry.
• Must have excellent project management skills, well organized, an excellent communicator with meticulous attention to detail.
• Post-production, mastering, or technical servicing / operations experience required.
• Experience with distribution, film licensing, rights management, or contract administration a plus.
• Passionate and knowledgeable across music and film.
• Ability to spot challenges before they appear and proactively provide solutions to minimize project risk.
• Proven track record in streamlining and optimizing business processes.
• Problem solver and capacity to balance between execution and strategy.
• Experience drawing insights and direction from data/analytics.
• Relationship builder and exceptional stakeholder engagement skillset.
• Self-starter with high EQ and executive function in a pressurized environment.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills - able to communicate with all levels of global management- internal and external.
• Knowledge of MWord programs, including Excel.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Project, Asana, Jira, or similar a plus.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess