Sr. Director, Film Operations & Distribution
Sony MusicCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Sr. Director, Film Operations & Distribution, Premium Content
The Sony Music Premium Content team is looking for a Sr. Director, Film Operations/Distribution to support Film, Doc & TV projects, across the global Sony Music roster. You will be working with exciting new artists and iconic catalog artists across our 125-year history. The position will play a critical role in defining and driving the project management of film and television properties, and coordination of distribution plans and strategies. Working in partnership with the central Premium Content team, Label stakeholders (A&R, Release Planning and BLA), and Artist management, you will intimately manage high-priority projects, demonstrating leadership, attention-to-detail, from conception to completion.
What you'll do:
• Oversee workflows in service of global Film and Television properties, cross-functional across Labels, and Premium Content distribution executives for timely completion of project.
• Audit project status on a weekly basis to monitor progress, leading regular project status reviews with key stakeholders. Review of task deadlines and lead times, manage forward-looking analysis / path to project completion
• Coordinate Cost / Benefit Analysis of distribution plans. Review necessary release forms (Title Release Forms, Distribution Rights Form, etc) and submit to distribution teams
• Facilitate distribution strategy discussions with Premium Content Distribution executives, Labels, and Artist management, obtaining synergy, strategic direction and general project objectives.
• Consolidate and coordinate various distribution plans across sales channels (Theatrical, Home Entertainment, SVOD/TV Licensing). Support distribution planning with insightful market research and data/analytics, collaborating with Labels. Prepare distribution strategy presentations to key stakeholders.
Who you are:
• 8 years of progressive experience in Film/Television operations/distribution industry
• Must have excellent project management skills, well organized with a high degree of control/ownership of process
• Sales/licensing/distribution experience is required
• Passionate and knowledgeable across music and film
• ability to spot challenges before they appear and proactively provide solutions to minimize project risk
• Problem solver and capacity to balance between execution and strategy
• Experience drawing insights and direction from data/analytics
• Relationship builder and exceptional stakeholder engagement skillset
• Self-starter with high EQ and executive function in a pressurized environment
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess