Sony MusicLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 10/17/2019 8:50:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Software Engineer jobs in London-UK
Search all Software Engineer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Software Engineer?
Full Time Job
Sony Music Entertainment is seeking an individual to help work on initiatives related to The Orchard and its products.
We are hiring a Software Engineer to join our London office.
Please send all resumes and cover letters
• Build amazingly crafted software and systems to provide our clients with a cutting-edge digital media management, delivery, and reporting/analytics suite.
• Participate in ongoing Sony platforms integration efforts to deliver next generation, full service distribution products.
• Collaborate with a talented team of engineers and designers.
• Work with new technology and tools in a highly-collaborative, Agile environment.
• Use industry standards and adopt new technologies to manage big data transformations and analysis.
• Advocate for best schema designs to manage Orchard’s master data to ensure scalability and flexibility.
• Full stack proficiency. We are polyglots, currently using Python, PHP and Ruby but open to the best tool for the job. Check out http://stackshare.io/the-orchard for a better idea of what we’re using.
• Familiarity with design patterns. Experience with microservices a plus.
• Agile & results-focused. Ability to work effectively on small, cross-functional teams following Agile development methodology (Kanban, Scrum).
• Experience designing and implementing scalable ETLs.
• Experience designing and consuming RESTful APIs.
• Familiarity with relational databases and NoSQL databases.
• Familiarity with AWS is a huge plus (DynamoDB, Redshift, SWF, Lambda).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Love for music and film a plus.
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, John Prine, and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity. The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.