Social Analytics College Representative
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Those Labels located in New York City under the Sony Music Entertainment umbrella include:, Columbia Records, Epic Records, Legacy Recordings, RCA Records, SONY Masterworks, Sony Nashville and Sony Latin.
Our department conducts all consumer research for Sony Music Entertainment in the US. We work with the labels, global digital business, D2C, licensing, strategic and brand marketing and advertising. We conduct consumer surveys and focus groups and work with outside vendors to supply research on artist fan demographics and psychographics, new technologies, mobile, media, social media and brand-related questions.
• Use social media listening tools such as Crimson Hexagon, Crowdtangle, and Next Big Sound to drive insights and suggestions for Sony artists.
• Generate custom insights from analyzing artists’ social media buzz. Suggest marketing opportunities and new product ideas.
• Stay on top of new social media tools and platforms and suggest ways Sony can use them for campaigns.
• Work with College Marketing team to analyze their local and national online marketing campaigns and recap results.
• Prepare powerpoint presentations for labels on artist brand/media/lifestyle marketing ideas.
• Enrollment in a Bachelors program (Marketing, Business, Psychology, etc.).
• Must have at least 1 year left of academic program (preferably TWO years).
• Must be local residing in NYC/NJ area and can commute easily to our 25 Madison office.
• Interest in Music and Media industry.
• Excellent Microsoft office skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• A curious mind and loves answering questions, since that is what we do all day! Over the years, we have had reps with a wide variety of career paths and we have learned from them, as they have learned from us. Some research experience, either academic or practical, is preferred.
• The position is part-time (20 hours a week). No overtime or additional hours.