Senior Video Editor
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Sr. Editor will work with the edit team and producers to ensure that all of Catalog and Legacy Music’s content is delivered in the best format, for the best platform for the right audience. The right candidate will have a keen understanding of trends in digital and visual storytelling and what makes social and streaming video compelling. They should be an avid consumer of all things content and a passionate music lover, not only able to work with original content creation but creatively ideate on how to make archival content look and feel fresh and current.
• Bridge strategic and creative needs by developing digital storytelling content.
• Craft engaging stories through creative and collaborative video editing.
• Provide video editing and oversight on variety of short and long form content projects.
• Collaborate with internal team to create dynamic video solutions.
• Take part in brainstorms about best way to bring story to life visually.
• Infuse all creative decisions with storytelling purpose and practical solutions.
• Stay abreast of current trends, editing techniques and styles as well as content platforms.
• Provide leadership and guidance to more junior edit staff.
• Assemble recorded raw material into a finished project that's compelling and engaging.
• Expertise in post-production editing and working with footage and audio.
• Responsible for helping transition and lead the team to a large scale data asset management system as well as server migration for video and archival.
• At least 5 years of progressively complex, relevant video / content editing experience at an agency and/or production house environment.
• Prior management experience strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of creative suite and video production software and an in-depth understanding of the digital and editorial content production process.
• Advanced knowledge of video editing (Adobe Premiere).
• Advanced knowledge of sound design (Sound- Adobe Audition).
• Advanced knowledge of motion graphics and animation (Adobe After Effects).
• Working knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Demonstrated experience with color correction for web video and Chroma Keyed footage.
• Familiarity with special effects, 3D, 360 video and compositing a plus.
• Knowledge of Apple and Windows office products (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Filemaker Pro, etc.)
• Prior experience and demonstrated ability of delivering high-quality work.
• A creative thinker who has the ability to work with multiple personalities and partners on multiple priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to liaise effectively and efficiently across various departments including Marketing, the Digital team, Business and Legal Affairs, A&R, etc.
• The successful candidate will be a strong leader, and a creative problem solver who's organized, detail oriented, and driven to achieve the highest results possible.
• Extensive knowledge of social and streaming platforms (FB, IG, Snapchat, YT) and accompanying formats and best practices.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• The proven ability to perform efficiently and effectively under pressure.
• Experience with long form (>3 minutes) content highly preferred.
• Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
• Must have and share link to website and reel.
• Experience with Asana a plus.
• Expert in implementing workflow and post-production processes.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects at the same time.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.