Senior Vice President, Business Administration
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
As Senior Vice President, Business Administration, you will have extensive music industry experience with deep knowledge of royalty accounting, copyright and music industry economics.
What you'll do:
• Leadership in on-going programs to further enhance the company's artist services: Working with senior record label executives and senior executives in Global Business and Legal Affairs, Global Finance and Human Resources to help develop and then oversee implementation of services and offerings focused on continuing the company's transparent relationship with artists based on their needs. Coordinate global efforts to enhance transparency in royalty reporting; monitor responsiveness to artist royalty inquiries; develop tools to introduce new artists to issues around content protection, content clearance requirements, and product set-up timelines, etc. Work with Government Affairs and Corporate Communications to keep abreast of industry trends and provide two way communication.
• New business development support: Work with new business partners to integrate them into Sony systems and procedures. Serve as a liaison between new business partners and existing business units to identify opportunities for synergy.
• JV Label activity: Support administration of SME joint venture labels. Work with SME signed JV labels to develop annual business plans and budgets. Monitor budgets and contractual commitments throughout the year. Manage relationship with the Orchard to assure that JV label issues are being coordinated in a timely way.
• General BLA administration: Assist EVP of BLA Operations and EVP General Counsel in administration of budgets for Global BLA group including monitoring outside legal costs, preparing accruals, processing settlement payments, etc. Prepare annual budget and monitor expense during the year.
Who you are:
• 10 years of music industry experience with deep knowledge of royalty accounting, copyright and music industry economics.
• MBA or JD preferred
• Accomplished professional with the ability to communicate nuanced ideas.
• Must be a strategic thinker with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with a wide range of people.
• Experience in budgeting, knowledge of deal structures and interest in operational and process issues is a plus.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess (Christmas Day through New Year's Day)