Senior Royalty Analyst
Sony MusicRutherford, NJ
Full Time Job
As Senior Royalty Analyst, you will be a key contributor to the day-to-day operations within Royalties and will be involved in all aspects of artist royalties across labels, including contract interpretation and coding, managing and delivering accurate and timely royalty statements, managing and prioritizing clearing of suspense items, responding to internal and external inquiries on the accounts and special projects.
What you'll do:
• Read the artist, producer, and/or third party contract to obtain relevant information.
• Interpret contractual clauses related to the royalty obligation, including understanding the legal definitions of terms used within the contracts or related documents.
• Coordinate with Label's legal and business affairs staff to obtain missing information.
• Set up and maintain accurate contractual information within the royalty system:
• Ensure that all relevant exploitations methods are identified and the appropriate royalty rate is assigned.
• Ensure that escalation counters are set to properly count relevant sales.
• Ensure all royalty participants are set up correctly.
• Prepare the appropriate accounting statements as contractually required.
• Review sales and costs to ensure they are accurately stated.
• Coordinate the statement review with the appropriate label personnel.
• Run sales query and reviewing results with Manager.
• Monitor sales files on a daily basis for activity related to assigned artists and review/clear pending sales transactions.
• Serve as Point of Contact for various internal and external inquiries related to assigned accounts.
• Provide Manager with status reports regarding the assigned artist accounts.
• Provide guidance to the entry-level staff members including providing an overview of tools available to assist in the completion of the assigned tasks.
• Assist in process design improvements focused on enhancing quality while reducing resource requirements.
Who you are:
• You have a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance with at least (4) years of related work experience
• You have a strong proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook; SAP, EROS, and JIRA experience a plus
• A detail oriented individual with strong organizational and leadership skills that can handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Able to analyze and review information from several different sources (corporate systems)
What we give you:
• An opportunity to fuel the creative journey on a global stage
• A modern, diverse and innovative work environment, with offices that include collaboration areas, cafeterias, event spaces, and more
• An investment in your learning & development
• A comprehensive and attractive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits (like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets), mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully-paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully-paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• Winter recess (Christmas through New Year's)
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.