Senior Royalty Analyst, Data Quality
Sony MusicRutherford, NJ
This was removed by the employer on 6/28/2021 8:50:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Senior Royalty Analyst, Data Quality jobs in Rutherford-NJ
Search all Senior Royalty Analyst, Data Quality postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Royalty Analyst, Data Quality?
Full Time Job
The Senior Royalty Analyst will be responsible for supporting the Manager of the International Royalties department with supervision of Royalty Analysts (on-site, off-shore, or remote), communication, data analysis, business process improvements, and special projects as directed by management. The position will also include supervision of the STARS global sales processing as well.
What you'll do:
• Review and processing of sales files of various income streams to ensure they are compliant with the deal terms while also taking appropriate actions for non-compliant reporting.
• Receive, review, audit and analyze royalty reports submitted by worldwide Sony Music Entertainment affiliates/licensees and subsequently remit to respective internal/external record companies.
• Design and implement strategies to improve team productivity.
• Supervision of day to day activities Royalty Analysts including:
• Training, setting goals, monitoring progress, and overseeing completion of assigned projects/tasks
• Cross-functional support for both the CARS quarterly and STARS monthly processes and harmonization of activities in the two areas.
• Work closely with various departments within Sony Music Entertainment on strategic projects to expand the responsibilities and scope within the STARS process.
• Proactively identify strategic opportunities and address them in a cross-consumer fashion.
• Ongoing interaction with management regarding royalty reporting concerns.
• Reconcile various Account Receivable and Third Party Liability account balances on the sub ledger, including the preparation of invoices and credit memos.
• Assist management throughout the monthly/quarter end process (at least 16 per year).
• Special projects as needed.
Who you are:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related degree / work experience
• Experience in the music industry or other entertainment field strongly preferred
• Detail oriented individual with strong organizational and leadership skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and manage time productively
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to analyze and review information from several different sources (corporate systems)
• Prior experience with Royalty Systems and/or Sales Systems would be preferred
• Capable of working independently, as well as in a team environment
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
Time off for a winter recess
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.