Senior Producer, Entertainment Podcasts
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Somethin' Else and Sony Music Entertainment are industry leaders in producing premium, high quality podcasts that audiences love. Somethin' Else is Sony's in-house podcast team with offices in New York, LA and London. We are looking for an ambitious, creative Producer to join our Entertainment podcast team.
What you'll do:
• Producing entertainment series and episodes.
• Sourcing, interviewing, and recording contributors.
• Editing, scripting, and scoring episodes.
• Working collaboratively with presenters, other producers, as well as executive producers and editors.
• Managing Associate Producer's and series Producer's time and workloads and helping to develop their skills as storytellers.
• Generating and pitching your own series, format, and episode ideas.
• Sourcing and facilitating talent conversations with agents and talent.
Who you are:
• Someone who is passionate about podcasts and storytelling, with a wide range of listening habits.
• A person who loves to entertain audiences
• Someone with proven experience in audio production.
• Strong and creative storytelling skills.
• A knowledge of the entertainment podcast, TV, online spaces.
• Someone who is a self-starter.
• Someone who has some technical audio editing knowledge.
• Someone who stays on the pulse of pop culture and the entertainment industry.
• A strong understanding of what makes a compelling podcast.
• Strong organizational skills and experience of keeping to schedules and working to deadlines.
• A person who enjoys working as part of a team to make ideas the best they possibly can be.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.