Senior Manager, Global Business Development
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Orchard has an immediate opening for a Senior Manager, Global Business Development in our NYC office.
• Identify and evaluate new digital retail opportunities
• Model out, negotiate, and track new digital retail deals
• Drive integrations, onboard new services partners, and manage existing account changes by working closely with reporting, operations, and finance teams
• Work closely with The Orchard’s Legal team in order to execute new retail agreements
• Conduct research and analysis in support of deal negotiations across a range of potential partnerships and present recommendations
• Become a key point of contact between the business development team, Orchard’s global teams, and Sony Music
• Drive presentations to communicate updates to key internal stakeholders
• Maintain database of current and potential partners and communicate with them regularly
• Strong organizational and analytical skills, with a proven record of supporting many projects at once with the ability to juggle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines
• Proficient in excel
• Three plus years in digital music / media space
• Strong overview of the global digital music market
• Good overview of digital retail business models preferred
• Think strategically, using data and market realities to inform your recommendations
• Build strong relationships quickly and manage expectations across many stakeholders
• Ability to work collaboratively (with both Sony team and external partners) as well as on a standalone basis; strong people skills are essential
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, John Prine, and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
About The Orchard®?
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide. With a comprehensive artist & label services offering including full-service marketing, sync licensing, comprehensive video services, transparent data analysis, advertising, rights management, digital and physical distribution and more, The Orchard empowers creators and businesses to grow and adapt in the dynamic global industry. For further information, visit our website.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.