Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Headquartered in New York, Los Angeles and London with operations in global markets around the world. The Orchard is a music and video distributor specializing in comprehensive digital strategies for content owners. The Senior Accountant will report directly to the Sr. Director of Finance.
What you'll do:
• Support financial reporting, forecasting, budgeting, and analysis functions integral to the business operations for The Orchard's owned labels and Sony Central Joint Ventures.
• Review and analyze monthly financial results of various Orchard entities including artist deals, profit splits, and joint ventures.
• Research general ledger activity including marketing and overhead expenditures.
• Prepare monthly reporting packages for senior management along with support for the annual business plan using SAP, IP & BPC.
• Provide support related to the creation, processing, and administration of Marketing budgets.
• Prepare the month end sales accrual for select entities using Looker and SAP.
• Update Marketing Planning projects in PRS & MPS.
• Support Sony Central JV overhead budgets and forecasts.
• Prepare pro-forma artist release P&Ls.
• Create Ad hoc reports and financial analysis.
Who you are:
• Bachelor's degree with concentration in Finance or Accounting, CPA is a plus.
• Minimum 3 years of business experience in accounting or financial analysis role.
• Strong Excel skills
• Entertainment /music industry experience is ideal.
• Experience with SAP, BPC and Looker is a plus.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and achieve effective results in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Well organized, detail oriented, and proactive.
What we give you:
• An opportunity to influence music on a global stage
• A modern, diverse and creative work environment, with offices that include collaboration areas, cafeterias, event spaces, and more
• An investment in your learning & development
• A comprehensive and attractive benefits package including healthcare coverage, life insurance, generous leave policies, 401K employer matching, Winter recess (Christmas through New Year's), voluntary benefits, industry-leading mental health and fertility coverage, family resources and education financial assistance
About The Orchard
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in 45 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.