Senior Financial Analyst
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
As Sr. Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for performing financial reporting, forecasting, budgeting and analysis functions integral to supporting the business operations of The Thread Shop, Sony Music's merchandising division. You will be uniquely positioned to collaborate with Thread Shop's operational teams as well as Sony Music's label teams to deliver best in class product and services to our artists.
What you'll do:
• Provide financial support/analysis for new and existing products.
• Prepare the monthly close, all related monthly journal entries, reporting and periodic artist/labels P&Ls for the business unit.
• Support the integration of The Thread Shop into Sony Music's systems and processes.
• Analysis of the full Sony Music Merchandising P&L and balance sheet with a focus on revenue, cost of sales, royalty expense, operational expense and balance sheet analysis.
• Partner with Label Finance, Release Planning, and the Royalties group to ensure proper communication channels exist.
• Develop a keen understanding of The Thread Shop Retail, Tour, and Licensing revenue streams for operational support and continuous development of best practices.
• Ensure timely invoicing of customers and collection as well as Invoice payment processing.
Who you are:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting; CPA or working toward certification is a plus.
• Minimum 2-4 years of business experience in accounting or financial analysis role (entertainment / music industry experience a plus, with an interest in music being ideal) and working knowledge of GAAP. Public accounting or financial reporting experience preferred.
• Experience with SAP. Highly skilled in MS Excel and solid proficiency in other MS applications. Comfort with Access database modeling is highly preferred.
• Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills. First-rate presentation skills, with an ability to present the data to management, including speaking to the trends and major drivers of the activity.
• Well organized, detail oriented and proactive with ability to work under pressure, manage multiple projects and priorities, meet deadlines and achieve effective results in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
About Sony Music Entertainment
At Sony Music Entertainment, we fuel the creative journey. We've played a pioneering role in music history, from the first-ever music label to the invention of the flat disc record. We've nurtured some of music's most iconic artists and produced some of the most influential recordings of all time. Today, we work in more than 60 countries, supporting a diverse roster of international superstars, developing and independent artists, and visionary creators. From our position at the intersection of music, entertainment, and technology, we bring imagination and expertise to the newest products and platforms, embrace new business models, employ breakthrough tools, and provide powerful insights that help our artists push creative boundaries and reach new audiences. In everything we do, we're committed to artistic integrity, transparency, and entrepreneurship. Sony Music Entertainment is a member of the Sony family of global companies.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.