Senior Director, Travel and Procurement
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Senior Director, Global Travel & Procurement
Responsible for ensuring global alignment of the strategic sourcing and travel strategy across SME Territories. Serve as Program Lead on the Finance Transformation Project for Travel Agency, Online Booking Tool and Global T&E system. Lead, create, and drive category-specific supply management strategies for various spend categories (e.g. IS&T, Business Travel, Marketing, Recording, Sales, Supply Chain, Digital, Creative Services, Human Resources, Professional Services, Legal Services and Facilities). Develop category strategies on a global, regional and/or local level in close alignment with stakeholders, including demand related approaches. Contributes maximum value to the business through better strategizing, structuring and organizing the supply of the assigned categories. Together with stakeholders, determines the global vision for category strategies while accounting for regional or local adaptations.
Leads the travel function for all related spend areas, including air, hotel car rental, car services and travel agency for US operations. Develops and implements global long-term strategies for employee and non-employee travel with a focus on cost control, process improvement and other customer specific requirements to assist in achieving competitive advantage and improve responsiveness to internal customer and employee needs.
Leads the procurement function for all related addressable spend areas for US Operations In addition, responsible for identifying procurement cost savings opportunities globally across organization and pursuing priorities. Sony Music’s representative and key contributor to the Sony United Procurement team
The Director’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Develop global procurement strategy, including an annual roadmap of global procurement cost savings opportunities across all spend categories and pursue identified priorities.
• Responsible for development, communication, implementation, measurement, and ongoing improvement of key corporate Travel/Procurement initiatives.
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with key personnel in SME territories to identify efficiencies and cost saving opportunities.
• Develop policies and procedures, in collaboration with SME territories.
• Manage expenditures within approved budget guidelines, track spending and monitor process compliance to document savings and process improvements.
• Maintain relationships with preferred vendors with regular meetings/reviews.
• Benchmark best practices and procedures with similar companies within the industry.
• Introduce Metrics and SLAs with key suppliers.
• Improve overall reporting capabilities to obtain better spend visibility.
• Manage and support Procurement staff (3 people) and Travel staff (1 person) as well as the outsourced travel agency.
• Represent Sony Music and a key contributor to the Sony United Procurement team.
• Manage the global travel agency relationship to ensure best-in-class service to internal customers. Work with agency to deliver management reporting with detail and summary information.
• 5 years experience managing the Travel/Procurement function in a large scale environment, including experience in multiple businesses sectors/spend categories.
• Bachelor degree; post-graduate degree preferred.
• Exercises good judgment and business tact.
• Financial acumen.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Proficiency in basic software (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.).
• Strong analytical, business process analysis and problem solving capabilities.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and project management skills.
• Effective time management and organizational skills (develop and execute project plans) with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work well in a collaborative, team oriented environment and interact well with different levels within the organization, including senior executives. High motivation and results-oriented work ethic.
• Ability to effectively multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Motivated self-starter who can work independently and operate with a sense of urgency.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.