Senior Director, Sync Contract Administration
Sony MusicNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 8/15/2022 10:49:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Senior Director, Sync Contract Administration jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Director, Sync Contract Administration postings
Full Time Job
As Sr. Director, Sync Contract Administration, you will play a critical role in the performance and success of the department. You understand the balance of managing a high-volume work environment while still maintaining pride of workmanship as a representative of Sony Music Entertainment. You will have the opportunity to make key contributions to a central and valued group within the company, while managing and inspiring a team of talented professionals.
What you'll do:
• Draft, negotiate and revise (as needed) record label sync licenses for all genres of media, and assist in the administration thereof (e.g. overseeing the documentation of deals as they pass through the process from inception through to invoicing and archiving).
• Provide assistance and guidance to all licensing employees in Sync Shop and Frontline labels (as needed) by answering questions about licensing and/or quote approval language, policies, procedures, and strategy etc.
• Participate in discussions with various departments including IT, Royalty, and Finance, regarding the ongoing development and enhancements being made to the Licensing Contracts database system.
• Lead department discussions regarding best practices, license template language and policies in order to enable drafting consistency across multiple record labels at Sony Music Entertainment. Supervise/train junior colleagues.
• Assist in the drafting and negotiating of long-form templates and blanket license agreements with Sony Music Entertainment's licensees.
• Stay current on changes to union re-use/new use obligations and advise the Contract Admin team and the Sync Shop teams as needed. Assist with audit requests, litigations and other special projects as needed.
Who you are:
• At least 7 years of related contract knowledge/experience, preferably in connection with licensing of music recordings
• Experience managing direct reports
• Paralegal Preferred
• College Degree required
• Working knowledge of SAG-AFTRA and AFM guild requirements and obligations as related to sync licensing
• Strong verbal and written skills necessary, strong comprehension, handles constructive criticism
• Diplomacy when dealing with clients/internal colleagues, organizational skill/attention to detail
• Strong interest to achieve
• Must be able to manage high volume, fast paced work environment; results-oriented; team player
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess
• This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.