Senior Director, Finance, The Thread Shop
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
As Sr. Director, Finance you will manage all aspects of financial accountability and related support functions for The Thread Shop, Sony Music's merchandising division, and support strategic business initiatives. You will be uniquely positioned to help drive key business decisions, contribute to infrastructure improvements and influence all aspects of financial accountability, including collaboration with Thread Shop's operational teams and Sony Music's label teams to deliver best in class products and services to our artists.
What you'll do:
• Provide thought leadership and develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders including label finance teams to effectively support and encourage innovation and evolution of the business
• Deal analysis and support related to artist signings, licensing deals, design & supply deals, joint ventures and other strategic investments including development of financial models, preparation of financial valuations, due diligence support, crafting investment presentations, post-acquisition integration, etc.
• Manage and lead a growing staff of finance professionals and accountability for all day to day financial functions including pricing, costing & margin profitability assessment, product set-up and other metadata support, invoice processing and other cost administration, revenue accounting, tracking and related support, royalty accounting coordination & statement review, monthly financial closing, annual business planning and monthly forecasting
• Establish and reinforce key performance indicators and data driven analysis of business performance, including project and product level performance as well as standard monthly P&L and balance sheet reporting & analysis; lead the development and ongoing evolution of next generation reports, dashboards, analyses, processes and methodologies for assessing performance
• Provide thought leadership, coordination & support for infrastructure improvement initiatives, including global business expansion and business process reengineering, systems upgrades, implementation of intercompany accounting and reporting guidelines, etc. as well as related ongoing day to day support; identify process improvement opportunities and assist with development and implementation of dynamic solutions
• Ad hoc reporting & analysis as required at the business unit, label and Corporate levels
Who you are:
• At least 5 years of experience in a financial leadership role with concentration in strategic business support; merchandising business knowledge and experience preferred
• Accounting or finance degree with proficiency in GAAP
• Collaborator with ability to adapt to different personality styles and situations, as well as ability to adapt to change; also exceptional communication skills, including ability to effectively present analysis, findings and recommendations curated to a variety of audiences and ability to persuade and influence business decisions
• Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, manage and develop a team of professionals
• Well organized, detail oriented, self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset; ability to transition between high-level strategist and tactical thinker as required
• Proficiency in Microsoft suite with particular emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint expertise
What we give you:
• An opportunity to fuel the creative journey on a global stage
• A modern, diverse and innovative work environment, with offices that include collaboration areas, cafeterias, event spaces, and more
• An investment in your learning & development
• A comprehensive and attractive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits (like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets), mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully-paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully-paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• Winter recess (Christmas through New Year's)
About Sony Music Entertainment
At Sony Music Entertainment, we fuel the creative journey. We've played a pioneering role in music history, from the first-ever music label to the invention of the flat disc record. We've nurtured some of music's most iconic artists and produced some of the most influential recordings of all time. Today, we work in more than 60 countries, supporting a diverse roster of international superstars, developing and independent artists, and visionary creators. From our position at the intersection of music, entertainment, and technology, we bring imagination and expertise to the newest products and platforms, embrace new business models, employ breakthrough tools, and provide powerful insights that help our artists push creative boundaries and reach new audiences. In everything we do, we're committed to artistic integrity, transparency, and entrepreneurship. Sony Music Entertainment is a member of the Sony family of global companies.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.