Senior Director, Film Production Operations & Asset Management
Sony MusicCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
The Sony Music Premium Content team is looking for a Senior Director, Film Production Operations & Asset Management to support Film & TV projects, across the global Sony Music roster. You will be working with exciting new artists and iconic catalog artists across our 125-year history.
The position will play a critical role in defining and driving the production operations of film and television properties, both new productions and library title re-releases.
Working in partnership with the central Premium Content team, Label stakeholders (A&R, Release Planning and BLA), and Artist management, you will intimately manage high-priority projects, demonstrating leadership, attention-to-detail, from conception to completion.
• Establish standard delivery requirements for Sony Music's production partners and provide guidance on technical specifications.
• Review project deadlines and lead times for key production and post-production tasks and deliverables, via close liaison with production companies, sales and distribution team, and other stakeholders.
• Manage a forward-looking analysis / path to project completion, including identifying key milestones and delivery timelines for all ''deliverables-in'' and ''delivery-out'' in all media.
• Collect, and review, all ''deliverables-in'' from production companies and other stakeholders , including, but not limited to:
• AV (ensure that all materials are delivered to spec and pass QC)
• marketing (ingesting assets)
• legal (release forms, insurance, music cue sheets, etc.)
• Lead regular project status reviews with stakeholders and liaise with post-production supervisors to ensure timely delivery from production companies to Sony Music and/or distributors. Troubleshoot issues and communicate all changes. Escalate as needed.
• Oversee Sony Music's film asset library. Work with in-house production teams, external labs, and Client Ops to upgrade and modify materials as needed to support sales and distribution initiatives.
• Manage Film & TV global release schedule for new releases, catalog re-issues, and new platform launches, including communication to key stakeholders.
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum of 7 years of previous experience in TV or Film production operations, post-production, production management or as a line producer, supervising producer or similar.
• Extensive experience with new and emerging digital production and post- production techniques, remote services, evolving theatrical and broadcast mechanisms, streaming platforms, and other distribution outlets.
• Leadership experience working across and collaborating with other departments such as sales, distribution, production, creative, finance, legal, business affairs, media relations and technology.
• A proven leader in setting direction for and achieving objectives in relation to management of delivery for film and tv distribution.
• Self-motivated and disciplined, with ability to multi-task under pressure, prioritize and manage a heavy workload in fast-paced environment.
• Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills with the ability to analyze complex issues and devise solutions independently.
• Team player with a positive attitude.
• Highly organized, efficient, adaptable, extremely accurate and detailed oriented
• Strong communications skills.
• Strong MAC or PC skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.