Senior Director, A&R - Pop
Sony MusicCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
The Senior Director, Pop A&R will be responsible for finding and acquiring recording artists, songs and producers as well as leading artist development efforts for designated artists in their genre. This role will report directly to the Partner and Co-Founder of RECORDS and can be in New York or Los Angeles.
What you'll do:
• Find and acquire recording artists, songs and producers through demos, recordings and live performances.
• Cultivate relationships with artists and representatives and negotiate deals.
• Solicit producers and coordinate meetings with artists and producers.
• Spearhead recording, mixing and mastering sessions.
• Select singles and key tracks.
• Gather deliverables, negotiate producer agreements, mixer agreements, gather label copy and deliver assets to operations team.
• Act as liaison with artist, artist managers and art department regarding marketing concepts.
• Provide comprehensive feedback on new music to head of label.
• Review and recommend submitted/solicited demos as well as online material.
• Provide creative input and direction on artist's material.
• Plan and monitor recording budgets for assigned projects.
• Keep projects within agreed budget and schedule/timeline.
Who you are:
• 6-8 years of experience in A&R and artist development.
• Strong communication skills.
• Strong artist relation skills.
• Ability to multitask and juggle multiple projects throughout the day.
• Ability to handle and defuse intense situations.
• Ability to handle talent relations effectively.
• Able to work across multiple departments successfully.
• Ability to understand, manage and forecast budgets.
• Travel is required as needed.
• Must be willing and able to attend concerts, artist appearances, and photo and video shoots as requested.
• Must be able to attend artist performances, recording sessions and rehearsals.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess
The anticipated annual base salary does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
California Pay Range
$120,000 — $140,000 USD
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.